I Know It’s Over

November 2020, we were EIGHTH.

May 2021, we won the title with games in hand.

Stop with this fucking horseshit. Stop ingesting idiotic social media that tells you every single thing needs a massive overreaction. We lost to a good team. We played badly. We miss the best attacking and defensive mid in the world.
It's totally different this season
Our best players are knackered.
A lack of creativity and clever play now Mahrez and Gundogan have left
If Haaland doesn't score we struggle
Three centre midfielders, bought over the last season and a half, that Pep doesn't trust

This season is about securing top 4 and giving the CL a good go, but at the moment we really don't look like we could beat an egg

I'm with you. Just look at our bench tonight. We had nothing that would change the game for us or improve us. Our attacking display was tepid with only 2 shots on goal. We can't lay all our eggs in the Kev basket and hope that it turns around. It just wont happen, Its going to take months for him to be anywhere near his best. Yes we'll have a better second half of the season with his return and I expect us to at least get a top 4 place but we'll not challenge this year title and will lose the odd game especially to the better counter attacking teams. Listen to Peps post match comments about Villa. He was in awe of them and was listing everything he would want from his team backed by a raucous crowd that all stayed till the end. I feel for Pep, it's not his fault that Rodri is having brain farts and that Kev had such a bad injury and (I think) not his fault either that we've made some really poor signings in attempt to replace great players.

I wonder if other than Josko, if he asked for any of the other's?
It would have been better to spend £100 million on Rice, than £70 million on Kov and Nunes.
We can't be serious about Josko at LB and we are playing Kyle into the ground.
So although it would be great to find a much younger KDB and Kyle it shouldn't be an obsession.
I might be better to sort out the fullbacks, bring in another quality youngster, Gavi would be awesome.
There are others but I'm a bit knackered.

You can only hope the team aren’t as weak willed as some of our fans. If they are, then I agree, it’s over
thumbs-up.gif

I wonder if other than Josko, if he asked for any of the other's?
It would have been better to spend £100 million on Rice, than £70 million on Kov and Nunes.
We can't be serious about Josko at LB and we are playing Kyle into the ground.
So although it would be great to find a much younger KDB and Kyle it shouldn't be an obsession.
I might be better to sort out the fullbacks, bring in another quality youngster, Gavi would be awesome.
There are others but I'm a bit knackered.
Thinking the same regarding full backs
Ours offer nothing going forward, which is fine if the defender stepping into midfield works, but that isn't
There is a huge lack of creativity in our squad. At the moment we're relying on Doku and Foden to feed Haaland Problem here is that the opposition know that Haaland is our only true scoring option so they are so tight on him
The seasons we played without a number nine, goals were shared around

And for such a talented group of footballers, we're so slow in moving the ball

Remember when City lost at Arsenal and were eight points adrift of United with six matches to play?

What happened next?
We were a bloody good side then, and last year, and in 2021. That's not the case with KDB, Gundogan and Mahrez missing and the replacements yet to find their feet.

Thinking the same regarding full backs
Ours offer nothing going forward, which is fine if the defender stepping into midfield works, but that isn't
There is a huge lack of creativity in our squad. At the moment we're relying on Doku and Foden to feed Haaland Problem here is that the opposition know that Haaland is our only true scoring option so they are so tight on him
The seasons we played without a number nine, goals were shared around

And for such a talented group of footballers, we're so slow in moving the ball
This is one of the main problems. Nobody's brave enough to slide a ball or play it long to Haaland. He's making some great runs but they're just not seeing them. At the moment it seems easy to play against us.

When you hit the top, and you have the money, you really need to go shopping at Waitrose. We decided to nip into Farm Foods and it’s is biting us on the arse big style.
I dunno a nice little peak into Fortnum and Mason or Harrods might be better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.