I said he had 8 games to prove me wrong, I'm sorry but....

fbloke said:
Its is interesting to see that the a lot of people are assuming that all that was needed was time.

I think Mancini has convinced many via some changes in his set-up and tweaks in his use of some players.

But a big, big part of the improvement seems to have been a massive increase in the trust they all have in each other.

I firmly believe that Mancini didn't trust his players enough to deliver a performance like the ones we have more recently seen and so he hamstrung them with his tactics.

He has been convinced or realised that they could be trusted (with one or two doubts about Kolarov etc) to go out there and do the job but have the intelligence to put into play what he has in mind.

Trust and confidence have replaced doubt and frustration.

And of course it took time for them to work that out as well.
Trust takes time. It's why Barca is so good. The players have been with each other since they were kids. They know each other. When they make a one-touch pass, they know the person they're passing to is going to be where the ball was sent. They don't pass the ball at a person. They pass to space relying on the other person to be moving in that direction already. Wouldn't have been nearly as much a concern if it was one, two, or even possibly three new players, but we've had many more changes than that in several short periods.

de niro said:
Project said:
de niro said:
i dont think there were many "outers", most could see the waste of points with the negativity. i just think we needed more open football, we needed to use what obvious talent we have properly and he has definitely changed his set up in order to do that. had he done it sooner or at least more often we'd have pushed for the title.now i can't wait for next season cos i think he's learnt where he was going wrong as the last few games have suggested.

the players look happier with things and that is great to see.
roll on next season.

It sounds like you still don't get it.

It's not like Mancini has in the past 4 weeks realised he has to flip the switch on the negativity button, and suddenly the players are full of invention. He has said from day one that firstly we need to get our house in order. And he did that. He got the foundations in and built a strong, robust side.

Now it is about decorating, fine tuning and adding a distinct character of his own to the house. And that's a hell of a lot easier when you have a stable platform to work from. Arsenal have been playing great football for 6 years but not won jack shit. And that's because their house isn't in order. In fact, much of Wengers initial success came from the back 5 he inherited from Graham. I'm of the belief that Mancini is competent in both the attacking and defending arts. The kind of free flowing football we saw last night will be the norm IMO. But in order to get there we have had to go through a process. Not just of personnel, but character building, culture, mentality (it takes time for a manager to instill his) and tactics.

Talk of "he should have done this earlier, we'd have won the league" is crazy.

I mean, it has essentially been the same structure all season. The much maligned "3 DMs" won us the FA Cup semi and final.

He deserves so much credit for what he has done.

he's done the biggest u turn in football since kaka, he realised we'd win jack shit playing the italian way.
full marks to him for listening to the likes of myself.

as you say he deserves a lot of credit.

Utter garbage.

fbloke said:
Chris in London said:
fbloke said:
I enjoyed doing several Poznans last night as well but lets not ruin a good theory eh!

I don't know about ruining a good theory but doing the Poznan has definitely ruined a good ankle. Ankle started hurting on Sunday night and I couldn't walk on Monday. Had to take the day off work and couldn't even drive up to the match yesterday. Doctor is convinced it's due to doing the Poznan on Saturday.

Who do I sue for loss of earnings? City, Wembley or Lech Poznan?

Balotelli, its all his fault ;-)

-- Wed May 18, 2011 3:43 pm --

de niro said:
Project said:

It's not like Mancini has in the past 4 weeks realised he has to flip the switch on the negativity button, and suddenly the players are full of invention. He has said from day one that firstly we need to get our house in order. And he did that. He got the foundations in and built a strong, robust side.

Now it is about decorating, fine tuning and adding a distinct character of his own to the house. And that's a hell of a lot easier when you have a stable platform to work from. Arsenal have been playing great football for 6 years but not won jack shit. And that's because their house isn't in order. In fact, much of Wengers initial success came from the back 5 he inherited from Graham. I'm of the belief that Mancini is competent in both the attacking and defending arts. The kind of free flowing football we saw last night will be the norm IMO. But in order to get there we have had to go through a process. Not just of personnel, but character building, culture, mentality (it takes time for a manager to instill his) and tactics.

I mean, it has essentially been the same structure all season. The much maligned "3 DMs" won us the FA Cup semi and final.

he's done the biggest u turn in football since kaka, he realised we'd win jack shit playing the italian way.

Its is interesting to see that the a lot of people are assuming that all that was needed was time.

I think Mancini has convinced many via some changes in his set-up and tweaks in his use of some players.

But a big, big part of the improvement seems to have been a massive increase in the trust they all have in each other.

I firmly believe that Mancini didn't trust his players enough to deliver a performance like the ones we have more recently seen and so he hamstrung them with his tactics.

He has been convinced or realised that they could be trusted (with one or two doubts about Kolarov etc) to go out there and do the job but have the intelligence to put into play what he has in mind.

Trust and confidence have replaced doubt and frustration.

And of course it took time for them to work that out as well.

That's why Mancini always talks about mentality. Trust is a part of that.

Uber Blue said:
de niro said:
Project said:

Utter garbage.

really? well he's followed my lead and we've done well, we were dire till then, and i mean dire.

stony said:
I'm sure the forum is breathing a huge sigh of relief now that you've finally given him your seal of approval.

tumblr_lkpx70NZ2L1qb6ljf.gif

There is no doubt that he has thrilled and frustrated me at times. I have always said though that he should be judged at the end of the season. I just hope that next season if we go through a sticky patch that some posters on here learn the lessons of this season.

Re: Re: I said he had 8 games to prove me wrong, I'm sorry but..

Uber Blue said:
de niro said:
Project said:

Utter garbage.
De niro is spot on. But more likely if was Cook & Khaldoon had a word on his ear after Liverpool.

"Up your game or piss off" or words to that effect.

It's quite obvious to the more perceptive members of this forum that there was an almighty u-turn before the semi.

We just laugh at the "He knew what he was doing" and "We never doubted him" brigade.

stony said:
I'm sure the forum is breathing a huge sigh of relief now that you've finally given him your seal of approval.

I,m sure the board is in fact yawning at another attention seeking me me me post. the game before liverpool we beat sunderland 5 -0 ,best performance of the season etc etc
next game we lose by the same scoreline we beat the scousers at our place and fblokes thinks its time to give the manager an ultimatum...ffs drama queen.

Re: Re: I said he had 8 games to prove me wrong, I'm sorry but..

Prestwich_Blue said:
Uber Blue said:
de niro said:

Utter garbage.
De niro is spot on. But more likely if was Cook & Khaldoon had a word on his ear after Liverpool.

"Up your game or piss off" or words to that effect.

It's quite obvious to the more perceptive members of this forum that there was an almighty u-turn before the semi.

We just laugh at the "He knew what he was doing" and "We never doubted him" brigade.

What, all four of you?

The same Liverpool game where he played 442 - the much loved answer to all of our problems if you believe the "too negative" brigade.

Please.

You must have missed the Sunderland 5-0. There were signs before United that we were getting better. The Villa game. Ares etc. Even United away. But I think the main thing has been the exit from the EL, which was really draining our resources and time on the training ground.

But sometimes it takes moments like the semi to take a team to the next level as it brings everyone together. But everything has to be in place to take advantage of such a moment, and that's where Mancini deserves credit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.