I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely think City will win the league, but MP is making it much harder than it should be. I'm 46 years old and I've never been spoiled by a sports team, just once I'd like to see a team dominate and make it easy for me as a fan.
I'm 47 and echo your words
Come on City wrap it up with 4 games to go, just for once save us from the wringer

It could all come down to arsenal game at home i think we will jst pip em to the league by couple points

And MP decides to rotate some players and we end up with Fernando, DeMichelis and Bony all starting...

Not even MP is that stupid. I like the idea of snatching the title from other contenders.
In 2011/12, it was from United. 13/14 - it was from Liverpool and Chelsea.
Any better way to win the title than at the last home game against Arsenal ?

The league is pretty open right now. The general consensus seems to be Leicester can't win it. Which leaves about 4 teams in contention. Us, Arsenal, Spurs and United.

None of the 4 teams are convincing at the moment. But if I were a betting man, I'd say it is a close call between us and Arsenal, with Spurs having an outside chance. The rags have improved a lot, and have managed to not lose ground on the front runners in spite of being very poor.

I like our chances if we get healthy and our stars start producing more consistently.

Chelsea at some point will wake up and play spoiler around April-May and derail the chances of some of the front runners.

I like our chances, and I likt where we are.
You can forget the rags. They don't score and their defence is nothing outstanding. If they did the impossible and won every single game they have left then they would total 85 points. The average needed to win the league is 86. Only three times since the EPL began in it's 38 game format has a team won by accumulating fewer than 80 points but it looks like us and Arsenal will be pretty near to that figure unless either blows up big style. To expect the four leaders to blow up from hereon is unlikely but if it did happen, none of these would deserve the title.

The league is pretty open right now. The general consensus seems to be Leicester can't win it. Which leaves about 4 teams in contention. Us, Arsenal, Spurs and United.

None of the 4 teams are convincing at the moment. But if I were a betting man, I'd say it is a close call between us and Arsenal, with Spurs having an outside chance. The rags have improved a lot, and have managed to not lose ground on the front runners in spite of being very poor.

I like our chances if we get healthy and our stars start producing more consistently.

Chelsea at some point will wake up and play spoiler around April-May and derail the chances of some of the front runners.

I like our chances, and I likt where we are.
Leicester are joint top so I think it's wrong to say they are out of it

They have beat Spurs at white hart lane so really Spurs have no business being mentioned above Leicester

You can forget the rags. They don't score and their defence is nothing outstanding. If they did the impossible and won every single game they have left then they would total 85 points. The average needed to win the league is 86. Only three times since the EPL began in it's 38 game format has a team won by accumulating fewer than 80 points but it looks like us and Arsenal will be pretty near to that figure unless either blows up big style. To expect the four leaders to blow up from hereon is unlikely but if it did happen, none of these would deserve the title.

I doubt anyone will get 86 points as it would take one of the top 3 winning pretty much winning 14 of their last 16 games. That would be some performance.

This year 80 points should be enough I would imagine.

If it does turn out to be that many, we will still need to win around 11/12 of the last 16 and with 9 away it will be tricky.

Rags will be top 4. Scudamore will see to that if they are close enough with 5/6 to go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.