I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying they can't, just saying that is the general belief. Eventually Mahrez and Vardy will cool off. It seems they have begun to already.

Yes to an extent I agree, however I can also see them just about hanging around long enough for those two to come back into some sort of form and possibly push again. Vardy has just had an operation hasn't he, or is he due one? either way it would explain a "loss of form" of sorts in recent matches, but generally the goals have dried up a bit.

Logically they should be blowing up over the next 2-3 weeks, pretty much the same team has been picked every week since August and they haven't really had any major injuries or suspensions yet.

They have a cup replay with Spurs this week, but other than that, like Liverpool 2 years ago, all they may have after this week is the league to focus on. However should they get through, for the 4th and 5th rounds of the FA cup at least, it doesn't really become an extra game in the schedule until the 1/4 final stage which then results in premier league games being re-scheduled.

We have semi finals, champs league and hopefully a decent FA Cup run to negotiate well into mid / late March before we see any potential drop off in games, and so will Arsenal. Spurs will have the Europa and possibly FA Cup - which means Leicester would be out, and would just have the league as mentioned above.

They have another run of 5-6 tricky games coming up and ideally, we need to beat them well at home on the 6/2 which despite my comments, could see the drop off start in truth.

I like most are optimistic due to the fact most big teams have to come to us, ( including both Arsenal & Leicester ) but it's the away games like Saturday that mither me a bit. Do we have the fight to get something from the game at West Ham? Can we now start to play as well as we know we can? Are we FINALLY going to get potential wins away at Anfield and the Bridge which we haven't done much in the past 5/6 years, but this year we could end up needing too having already thrown some poor results away.

I think it will end up being between ourselves and Arsenal and I said before Xmas if we remain 3 points or less behind the leaders until the end of January I think we will pick up form and win it.

Shouldn't we lock this thread after weetabix head scoring and regaining his best English player ever ever ever tag and the Dutch ponce saying that after their 2nd win in 9 games they could win the league....
I mean how the fuck will we better that eh!?
It's over, the trophy is going to the Nil nil arena.
End of.
Lock thread.
It's over.

I've believed we will win it since the first game of the season and I've never wavered from that belief.

I'm very confident we'll win the league. At the start of the season we were second favorites to win behind Chelsea. United were also in contention before a ball was kicked. Now, we're reaching the business end of the season with only Arsenal as realistic challengers to the title - Leicester and Spurs COULD win it, but history tells us they won't.

I would have snapped your hand of to be in this position at the start of the season. We've gone the majority of the season without Aguero and Kompany etc so to be where we are is great.

Arsenal aren't even having a good season, they were bang average in the champions league (which they'll be going out of when they play Barca). They got outclassed by Shef Weds in the league cup. They've still dropped points in 9 league games (and still have to go to the Etihad/Old Trafford, got to play Chelsea Spurs etc). The only reason everyone else is raving about them is because we've been worse (in the league). I think they are performing at their max, they seem to be playing well, but they're still dropping points. We're playing dreadfully and we're a point behind them with much better goal difference.

I will be convinced something has finally clicked if we win these next two away at West Ham and Sunderland.

I don't see it, but nobody on here needs to be told just how mentally punishing going for a league title is when the chips are down.

Just like Liverpool fans, I expect Arsenal's hair-trigger lot to be more of a hindrance than an asset.

Our biggest weapon is a lack of self-entitlement and a media machine that is so London-centric, it could prove unbearable for an Arsenal team that still has to play their main rivals always from home, with only Cech having any kind of bottle.

Think 77-78 points will be enough. Getting to League Cup Final, regardless of winning it, will also get the right reaction, either way.

the easiest Prem to win in ages, has to be there if we want it. Even with injuries I reckon it's more than achievable.

Shouldn't we lock this thread after weetabix head scoring and regaining his best English player ever ever ever tag and the Dutch ponce saying that after their 2nd win in 9 games they could win the league....
I mean how the fuck will we better that eh!?
It's over, the trophy is going to the Nil nil arena.
End of.
Lock thread.
It's over.

Whilst it is a fool who would dismiss not only the almost surreal level of jamminess, together with a massive amount of helpful refereeing tom foolery that is a certainty, and as a result those who expect the Stretford red twats to finish in a fully justified and deserved bottom half of the table will be sadly dissapointed...make no mistake about it the cunts will finish in the top 4. However given their involvement in the Thursday night cup I am confident the nothing other than divine intervention will see them win the league...

Whilst it is a fool who would dismiss not only the almost surreal level of jamminess, together with a massive amount of helpful refereeing tom foolery that is a certainty, and as a result those who expect the Stretford red twats to finish in a fully justified and deserved bottom half of the table will be sadly dissapointed...make no mistake about it the cunts will finish in the top 4. However given their involvement in the Thursday night cup I am confident the nothing other than divine intervention will see them win the league...
Rag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.