I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester are joint top so I think it's wrong to say they are out of it

They have beat Spurs at white hart lane so really Spurs have no business being mentioned above Leicester
I'm not saying they can't, just saying that is the general belief. Eventually Mahrez and Vardy will cool off. It seems they have begun to already.

I doubt anyone will get 86 points as it would take one of the top 3 winning pretty much winning 14 of their last 16 games. That would be some performance.

This year 80 points should be enough I would imagine.

If it does turn out to be that many, we will still need to win around 11/12 of the last 16 and with 9 away it will be tricky.

Rags will be top 4. Scudamore will see to that if they are close enough with 5/6 to go.
I expect the winner to finish with BTW 77 and 82 points.

I'm not saying they can't, just saying that is the general belief. Eventually Mahrez and Vardy will cool off. It seems they have begun to already.

Leicester are an interesting one, their lack of European football gives them a significant advantage in some respects. Liverpool, Newcastle, have also managed to trouble the top 4 in seasons when most around them had Europe and they didnt. The usual pattern is however these teams start to falter in the new year and fall away toward the end. It would be a shame if Leicester now failed to grab a champions league place....and if they do watch them struggle next season.

As for Arsenal and City all things even I would take us to pick more points up than them between now and May, the extra cup games we have compared to them could be to their advantage especially if they go out of the CL in the next round as seems likely....and we progress as also seems likely.

Leicester are an interesting one, their lack of European football gives them a significant advantage in some respects. Liverpool, Newcastle, have also managed to trouble the top 4 in seasons when most around them had Europe and they didnt. The usual pattern is however these teams start to falter in the new year and fall away toward the end. It would be a shame if Leicester now failed to grab a champions league place....and if they do watch them struggle next season.

As for Arsenal and City all things even I would take us to pick more points up than them between now and May, the extra cup games we have compared to them could be to their advantage especially if they go out of the CL in the next round as seems likely....and we progress as also seems likely.
I think this is where depth matters and I think we are in a decent position with that providing we get healthy

I think this is where depth matters and I think we are in a decent position with that providing we get healthy

In most respects I agree with you...but I do feel there are certain players that we cant afford to lose....Aguero for example. Arsenal I think are slightly better off in respect of they are not as badly effected by the loss of certain individual players. Though matters have improved Kompanys absence could well bite us.

In most respects I agree with you...but I do feel there are certain players that we cant afford to lose....Aguero for example. Arsenal I think are slightly better off in respect of they are not as badly effected by the loss of certain individual players. Though matters have improved Kompanys absence could well bite us.
Agreed, I think Arsenal are very good at adjusting to injures as they are so used to it. Aguero is huge I agree he's one player we can't do without

Just stay in the race for the next 6 weeks and we've got a great chance (bar major injury..)
I was losing a bit of faith a few weeks ago but seeing as no other fucker wants to win it then why not us?

The fact that we still have the two teams above us to play at home is a major factor in my optimism; I think we'll do it. But in the end, like previous years, there will be surprise results for all the top 4 in the closing weeks of the season, and I think it will (unfortunately) come down to the last game or two. Arsenal at home could be the clincher....! No way on earth that the rags will win it. It's simply inconceivable to us, Leicester and Arsenal will all throw away that much of a lead; one or two of us (them two, not us) might throw away 7 points that the rags gain, but all three? No chance. (So, in fact, that in itself is quite a nice thought to have!)

The team haven't played at the top of their game since the first month of the season apart from Seville away, although there are signs in recent games of getting back to their best.
One thing in our favour is the team know how to get over the line where as Arsenal,Leicester, Spurs don't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.