I Was There

Did the Huddersfield 10-1
Did the Mansfield Auto windy thing
Did Stoke 88 in Fancy dress dressed as Pluto or Goofy what a day that was!!!

Huddersfield 10-1, The only game of the whole season that my Dad 'Didnt Fancy'!!! saw every single home game but that. Was mortifed watching the result come in on the vidiprinter!

Mansfield Autowindscreens, Nope

Millwall A (when we were officially banned) No ta

, Stoke A 98, then girlfriend booked a hol in lanzarote. Watched the results on ceefax in a bar, then went in a mood!

Stoke A boxing day 88 (fancy dress). yes but watched in the directors box at the old victoria ground so was suited n booted

All of them apart from Millwall away. I've still got Huddersfield 10-1 on VHS with Martin Tyler commentating.

JamesL said:
All of them apart from Millwall away. I've still got Huddersfield 10-1 on VHS with Martin Tyler commentating.

Joe Mercer was on Football focus the same day talking about City
so had set the tape to follow that
still in my loft gathering dust

was at Stoke away when we got relegated [ticket in the stoke area] and i was allso at Millwall away when we were banned , i was working as a delivery driver at the time so asked the boss if i could do the london drops on day of the game and the day after , he even sorted me out with somewhere to park at the east india dock area where i got a tube to south burmondsey , i was hoping to buy a ticket outside but when i got to the ground i noticed the tickets were on open sale so just bought one from the ticket office , managed not to go crazy when we scored but there again probably stuck out like a sore thumb when they scored anyway i managed to pull it off without incident

moon said:
Only made 2 of them huddersfield and stoke fancy dress great day out apart from result

x 2 and my huddersfield attendance was after the gates opened at 70 mins...ah the good old days, spent all my saturday job wages in spinners then go maine road for the last 20 mins

Couple of other games that spring to mind watching us lose 6-0 away at Derby then getting legged all over the place by a Derby mob, and Blackburn away losing 4-0 but the events of the day overshadowed by the FA Cup semi final at Hillsborough

Mothball said:
Couple of other games that spring to mind watching us lose 6-0 away at Derby then getting legged all over the place by a Derby mob, and Blackburn away losing 4-0 but the events of the day overshadowed by the FA Cup semi final at Hillsborough
unfortunately i was at both of those
didn't Hendry play his first game at Derby, or was it after that game we bought him?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.