I Wonder how many on here were at the 10-1 win against Hudd?

I was there
It was on the 12th birthday as well!!
If anyone still has the highlights you can just see me sat on the concrete wall in the windy corner next to the corner flag, im wearing a blue and green coat
Best birthday present ever!

I was there in the Kippax celebrating my 17th birthday in style. I missed the tenth goal as I left to get on the bus.

Huddersfield's kit was exactly the same design as our away kit with yellow substituting red.

We scored a lot the following week as well, I think it was 6 or 7 against Plymouth Argyle.

I wasn't there, I was on the dole then and couldn't afford to watch matches live, even at the prices of 1987! Remember listening to it on Piccadilly with James H and the Doc, with Reeves taling the micky out of the drunken scott for suggesting that Tony Adcock "couldn't hit the parish he was born in" before he went on to complete his hat-trick! The "Its a goal!!" thing was going off every 5-mins with a City strike. Great stuff and a fine young team as I recall...

Big Swifty said:
I was there in a thin crowd officially recorded as 19,583. Malcolm McDonald complained City's 10th goal was offside. Ironically, Town dominated the opening 10 minutes until Neil McNab (an underrated player) started the rout. The ref gave Town a dubious pen out of sympathy, and Andy May scored against us, like ex-players always do.
Extended highlights were shown on ITV that night, and I recorded it on a VCR cassette, which shamefully I threw out when VCRs went out.
Shall we see 10 in a game again?

Blackburn at home is a possibility:)

Remember it well!! In the Kippax with my Dad!!

If I remember right, during the following game against Plymouth that we won 6-2, we were all singing we want 10!!!!

Had a Kippax Season ticket but aquired two main stand tickets for some reason, in the block under the old police shed and took the x misses with her blue ear muffs so I remember it was a bit chilly that day.

I was also on the Kippax with my dad. Even though we travelled home together he'd always leave a few mins before the end to beat the rush and sit in the car on Santiago St waiting for me. I could not believe that with us 9-1 up and going all out for the amazing 10th he toddled off down the tunnel. Baffling !

As an aside whatever happened to Stewart, my favourite player of the time ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.