"I would rather lose a tournament than break my word to a player"

How come Pellegrini never actually gets a decision right off his own back? How come it's always lucky or a fluke or the wrong decision but worked out? How come, when he does get a decision right people rush to point out how he shouldn't have been in that position in the first place or he's an idiot for reacting so late?

What we saw was a masterclass of employee-management. It wasn't some roll of the dice like subbing a back-up keeper for your first choice for a penalty shoot-out. This was Pellegrini showing why he is a top manager and why we and the team are fortunate to have him on our side. And if I'm honest he couldn't have done a lot better in his reign here in my opinion.

Agreed. There's not a manager anywhere in the world who would have done a better job. It will certainly be a tough job improving on his time here. Very very tough.

It's not just about being a gentleman, it's actually important management too. If a manager doesn't give players a fair shot or goes back in his word, that could affect all of the other players too. I know from my job that if a manager is seen to be treating someone unfairly, it affects far more than that one employee.

Its fair to say pellers knows more about management than his criticis here who claimed pellers doesnt have a clue and doesnt wants us to win becuse he wont remain in the job, rag cafecesque tbh
As per willy he was instrumental in Malaga,s champion,s league run and they almost reached the finals if not for offside goals, yes he havent had a great time in england but pellers knows more abt his abilities than we all do, for a good manager it is essential to know his players well which he does

I don't get the love of MP because he puts the feelings of one player ahead of the ambitions of the rest of the team and all of the supporters. I'm ECSTATIC for Willy and love that it was him who turned out to be the hero, but if it had turned out differently there would be a lot of people he'd have let down. Doesn't he promise the ownership that he'll do whatever he can to win trophies? Doesn't he owe the thousands and thousands of supporters who made the trek to Wembley the best possible team selection? Imagine if you played your whole career and never were on a trophy winning team and knowing that your best opportunity was flushed away by your manager because of a "promise"?

No he doesn't, especially as Willy playing in goals was signposted the whole time throughout the cup. It wasn't like it was a surprise. We all knew, barring injury, Willy would be between the sticks for all League Cup games. If anything, the fans owe their manager the respect that he deserves and back him whichever selection he makes.

To be honest, I would have rather we lost with Willy, then won with Hart. Maybe I'm a fucking idiot for thinking that, but there's some things like class that transcend football, and Pellers has demonstrated that time and time again. And Willy repaid the faith shown in him. Imperious performance. We wont know what we had with Pellers until he's gone. I'm hoping the club creates some sort of technical position to keep him at the club, or at least within the CFG. But can't blame him if he seeks opportunities elsewhere. He will no doubt be in high demand and will be an asset wherever he goes.

Trust that the truth is being told to you is paramount in a squad, especially in the position where there is a clear first choice.
Remember seeing Hart's reaction post-match 2 years ago with Costel?
It looked as though he was 3rd to Caballero to celebrate too, just after Clichy and Aguero?

MP has said several times that he believes there is a right way to play the game, and this is another sign. It's been blown up by the media into a big thing, but keepers generally aren't dropped for a single poor performance.

He's not been vindicated at all with his decision imo. He should never be promising players the opportunity to play in cup finals.

He put his relationship with a player in front of the best interests of the club.

Absolutely disgraceful that he has said he would rather lose.

Fair play to Willy he came up trumps in the end. Manuel may be a nice man but his priority should be Manchester City and not Willy.

We've got the classiest manager in the country, and the classiest captain. Both a huge credit to the club in terms of how they conduct themselves.

When will we stop ruining the game.

He's not been vindicated at all with his decision imo. He should never be promising players the opportunity to play in cup finals.

He put his relationship with a player in front of the best interests of the club.

Absolutely disgraceful that he has said he would rather lose.

Fair play to Willy he came up trumps in the end. Manuel may be a nice man but his priority should be Manchester City and not Willy.

He didn't promise him he will be playing in cup finals, it was a decision he made at the beginning of the season that he will play in both domestic cup competitions.
Playing in the final and winning the cup was Willy's goal, no manager would have denied him that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.