Ian Cheeseman vlog v Newcastle

I quite like Cheesy’s vlog but his podcast is insufferable.

Every week it’s just a group of half wits talking shite.

“Errrr ya no wot like, wot we need yeh is to get a proppa strikoh, sum one lyke Paul Dickov yeh but like modern like”

An hour of scintillating conversation among those lines.

Surely with the contacts he’s made over the years he can get a better calibre of guests.

93:20 is streets ahead in actually having intelligent discussions around City.
I’ve never heard his podcast but I’m all for normal fans talking shite just like you’d hear at the match rather than ones full of JCLs pretentiously pretending to love football or overtalking tactics.

The fan's film that was premiered at the Print Works when Cheeseman saw his arse over not being invited
@twosips would you like to back me up on this

Oh and I also thought it was in extremely poor taste that Cheeseman's tribute to Colin Bell was an advert for his book

As for Foden's mum. Why would I say something like that if it wasn't true?
Ian had every right to be annoyed not to be asked to attend ,if you know the true story ,you do know he played a small part in the making of the series ?

Wasn't the story Kenwright at Everton refused to show the books as he thought it was a wind up and Ashley asked for something ridiculous like £500M

Someone in Garry Cook's office told me they initially approached Arsenal after Piers Morgan met Al Fahim at a dinner party.

Arsenal being Arsenal, looked down their noses and the cost was ridiculous.

Abu Dhabi went on a fishing expedition and were flagged Newcastle and Everton.

Ashley said he would deal for crazy money but wouldn't let ADUG see the books, so it never went beyond a couple of days.

Everton initially dismissed the notion and didn't think Abu Dhabi were serious.

This is when Cook and Thaksin's right hand man got wind via Amanda Staveley and it was basically done in less than a week.

During that time, Everton tried to come back to the table but they were too late.

Cook takes all the credit for selling the vision, although Thaksin being a former Thai prime-minister and looking for a place to live without an extradition treaty, coupled with the £500m or so he was bringing with him, also helped.

A Newcastle supporting (ITK) friend of mine told me that Freddie Shepherd? & Dennis Wise disrespected their hosts, by their behaviour in Abu Dhabi during Ramadan

Wouldn't surprise me, but a few urban myths concerning how close Newcastle were to a deal.

It's no coincidence Staveley went back for Newcastle, she knew the potential, just the buffoon, admittedly a ruthless businessman in Ashley, was an arse.

Wouldn't surprise me, but a few urban myths concerning how close Newcastle were to a deal.

It's no coincidence Staveley went back for Newcastle, she knew the potential, just the buffoon, admittedly a ruthless businessman in Ashley, was an arse.
I put a ? at Shepherd as it could have been Ashley… so long ago. This friend was at the time involved in the marketing & promotional side of NUFC. I didn’t get the impression they were ever close to a deal, just a ‘sounding out’ exercise.

The ground was mentioned as a big factor with Everton at the time which made sense. Everton had been trying for years to relocate and got no further, with the current ground not fit for purpose.

I'm not sure why Tony Jimenez' claims are to be believed about Newcastle in the context they were made, but he said the meeting he set up never took place. The timing is also a bit out.

Someone in Garry Cook's office told me they initially approached Arsenal after Piers Morgan met Al Fahim at a dinner party.

Arsenal being Arsenal, looked down their noses and the cost was ridiculous.

Abu Dhabi went on a fishing expedition and were flagged Newcastle and Everton.

Ashley said he would deal for crazy money but wouldn't let ADUG see the books, so it never went beyond a couple of days.

Everton initially dismissed the notion and didn't think Abu Dhabi were serious.

This is when Cook and Thaksin's right hand man got wind via Amanda Staveley and it was basically done in less than a week.

During that time, Everton tried to come back to the table but they were too late.

Cook takes all the credit for selling the vision, although Thaksin being a former Thai prime-minister and looking for a place to live without an extradition treaty, coupled with the £500m or so he was bringing with him, also helped.

Thanks everyone for all that. Interesting. Was just surprised about the accounting information. You wouldn't normally get access to that unless the deal was almost done.

Would also be surprised if Mansour hadn't already included City in a list of targets to look at, even if that half-wit Al-Fahim was really running the acquisition.

Anyway, ancient history now.

I thought Ashley had set a price (£300m or so) and when he found out who was behind the bid, he then increased the asking price by £100m, so the buyer walked away

Garry Cooke heard through contacts that HRH was looking to buy into Premier league football
He arranged for a meeting, threw together a powerpoint presentation and did the deal
This is true and the other clubs which snubbed Sheikh Mansour were Spurs and Villa. Karma is great.

I quite like Cheesy’s vlog but his podcast is insufferable.

Every week it’s just a group of half wits talking shite.

“Errrr ya no wot like, wot we need yeh is to get a proppa strikoh, sum one lyke Paul Dickov yeh but like modern like”

An hour of scintillating conversation among those lines.

Surely with the contacts he’s made over the years he can get a better calibre of guests.

93:20 is streets ahead in actually having intelligent discussions around City.
“A group of half wits talking shite”, is a fucking shite comment about loyal City fans, reminds me of some smug journalist commenting when Oasis won an Ivor Novello award for What’s the Story, “if only Noel had read a book” - if he had he might have been a pretentious **** too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.