Ian Curtis: An Unlikely Manchester City Supporter

The Flash said:
A must read for all Curtis fans. Written by his widow, Debbi. The only book that has ever made me cry whilst reading it:

401939.jpg

This very book refers to Curtis buying a house (or at least looking for a house to buy, can't quite remember) on Kippax Street. I was lucky enough to see Joy Division (supporting Buzzcocks in 79) and 'mesmeric' is the adjective that springs most readily to mind.

<a class="postlink" href="https://disordertc.wordpress.com/tag/natalie-curtis/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://disordertc.wordpress.com/tag/natalie-curtis/</a>

Good old Gretton. Proper fucking Blue:

"Not long after that Rob Gretton (Joy Division and New Order manager) told me “Your great-grandad supported City, your grandad supported City, your dad supported City, I support City and you support City”."

Big Swifty said:
Why have I never heard of him then?

Because he wasn't that well known. Joy Division was one of those obscure groups.

I was a youngster at the time and the first time I heard Ian Curtis's name was when there was a bit of a fuss when he died.

Didsbury Dave said:

"Not long after that Rob Gretton (Joy Division and New Order manager) told me “Your great-grandad supported City, your grandad supported City, your dad supported City, I support City and you support City”."

Rob Gretton first met Mike Pickering when they were both hiding in a garden in Nottingham, to avoid a good kicking courtesy of some Forest skins.

City Hobgoblin said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Rob Gretton first met Mike Pickering when they were both hiding in a garden in Nottingham, to avoid a good kicking courtesy of some Forest skins.

I know that mate. It might be a typical Factory "if the legend is better than the truth print the legend" tale, but they are both lifetime blues. Pickering still goes home amd away. Both could be seen every week in The gardners arms before the Maine Road games, along with other assorted faces from the Manchester music scene. Rob died the week before the Gillingham game. Missed the whole climb back from the pit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.