Ian Curtis: An Unlikely Manchester City Supporter

urmston said:
Big Swifty said:
Why have I never heard of him then?

Because he wasn't that well known. Joy Division was one of those obscure groups.

I was a youngster at the time and the first time I heard Ian Curtis's name was when there was a bit of a fuss when he died.

Not well known ??? most of Europe were raging about them !

nimrod said:
urmston said:
Big Swifty said:

Because he wasn't that well known. Joy Division was one of those obscure groups.

I was a youngster at the time and the first time I heard Ian Curtis's name was when there was a bit of a fuss when he died.

You probably never heard of them because they were a cult band who had no chart success, a bit like that other (not well known) Manchester band, Barclay James Harvest,,BJH made about 20 albums but nobody knows them except theyre followers, same with Joy Division.
:)

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
Big Swifty said:

You would of heard his tune love will tear us apart sung on the terraces a few times especially at the rags

We sang City tearing cockneys apart again against spurs
Joy division spawned new order one of the greatest 80's band of all time, surely you've hear of them

nimrod said:
urmston said:
Big Swifty said:

You probably never heard of them because they were a cult band who had no chart success, a bit like that other (not well known) Manchester band, Barclay James Harvest,,BJH made about 20 albums but nobody knows them except theyre followers, same with Joy Division.

Well there's something I thought I'd never see......

BJH & Joy Division in the same sentence.......

Elbow beards said:
ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
Big Swifty said:

You would of heard his tune love will tear us apart sung on the terraces a few times especially at the rags

We sang City tearing cockneys apart again against spurs
Joy division spawned new order one of the greatest 80's band of all time, surely you've hear of them

Blue Monday classic

23 ffs
Always remembered though
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsHoOIHDutE&index=4&list=RD6dBt3mJtgJc[/video]

Balti said:
23 ffs
Always remembered though
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsHoOIHDutE&index=4&list=RD6dBt3mJtgJc[/video]

memories...i was 11 years old.....back in '81.... :( posters of CITY and Joy Division on my wall,those days..... FFS i feel old.....

2qu3l36.jpg

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS7CiL8MNb0[/video]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.