Ice Hockey | Player arrested for manslaughter following death of Adam Johnson (P18)

Sounds like there’s been an horrific incident in the Sheffield Steelers-Nottingham Panthers game tonight. A Panthers player has suffered a terrible injury, and the arena has been evacuated. Not entirely sure, but think he may have suffered a blade to the neck? Hope he’s going to be ok.

Sounds like there’s been an horrific incident in the Sheffield Steelers-Nottingham Panthers game tonight. A Panthers player has suffered a terrible injury, and the arena has been evacuated. Not entirely sure, but think he may have suffered a blade to the neck? Hope he’s going to be ok.
Hope the player is ok.

Must be very serious because those sportsmen are tough buggers, hope the fella pulls through OK.

Must be very serious because those sportsmen are tough buggers, hope the fella pulls through OK.
I think the fact that they evacuated the arena doesn’t bode well. People on Twitter saying how traumatised they are by what they witnessed (not sure if the game was being broadcast live too?).

It was live streamed but I don’t think it was on TV.

Does sound like a skate to the neck. Finger crossed he is OK.

The Sun and Mirror have picked it up now.

I've seen the video. Very innocuous but odd collision with sickening consequences.

Fingers crossed he pulls through and the medical staff got to him quick enough.

I'm a season ticket holder at Storm and despite all of the padding the players wear, there's so many areas of the body that are exposed and freak accidents like this can happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.