Ice Hockey | Player arrested for manslaughter following death of Adam Johnson (P18)

It’s a horrific story. Wonder what’s made it manslaughter over a tragic accident?

Blade not within the safety rules?
That would most likely be the intent behind the action which led to his death.

Having watched it a few times it does look like he left his foot hanging, probably didn't mean to kill him like

It did look like he jumped at him, karate style...

That would most likely be the intent behind the action which led to his death.

Having watched it a few times it does look like he left his foot hanging, probably didn't mean to kill him like

I haven’t wanted to watch it, so thanks for the added description.

It does sound like he’s potentially been killed accidentally.

If he’s tried to “leave one on him” and it’s caused his death, could there be a debate about it being a more serious charge?

If he’s tried to “leave one on him” and it’s caused his death, could there be a debate about it being a more serious charge?
But he's not 'meant' to kill him, hence the manslaughter charge.

obviously that will come down to interpretation and everyone will have a different view on it.

I've got no knowledge about the sport so only going off what i've seen in the clip. but his trailing foot/leg was left out and didn't look like a natural position (about 4 ft off the ground).

I presume those in power have the same view hence why it's been deemed manslaughter over a tragic accident.

obviously that will come down to interpretation and everyone will have a different view on it.

I've got no knowledge about the sport so only going off what i've seen in the clip. but his trailing foot/leg was left out and didn't look like a natural position (about 4 ft off the ground).

I presume those in power have the same view hence why it's been deemed manslaughter over a tragic accident.
Yeah, it’d be hard to prove unless the player admitted it. There’ll be no way that he’s actually meant to kill him. The red mist might have descended though. I was just questioning whether there was anything in between, but there doesn’t seem to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.