Ice Hockey | Player arrested for manslaughter following death of Adam Johnson (P18)

shockin-hocking said:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/talks-stage-nhl-ice-hockey-2028824

Just found this from a while ago, not sure if there's been any developments. I would love this to happen and would definitely go, never been to an NHL game and it's something I've always wanted to do.

Not heard anymore on this but i think it's just a matter of time until a regular season NHL game is played in Europe. The success of the NFL International Series will have other sports looking at it as a great way to win new fans and make plenty of money on merchandise.

Think i might take my lad to a Manchester Phoenix game when he's a bit older and see what the standard is like.

Fuzzy Logic said:
shockin-hocking said:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/talks-stage-nhl-ice-hockey-2028824

Just found this from a while ago, not sure if there's been any developments. I would love this to happen and would definitely go, never been to an NHL game and it's something I've always wanted to do.

Not heard anymore on this but i think it's just a matter of time until a regular season NHL game is played in Europe. The success of the NFL International Series will have other sports looking at it as a great way to win new fans and make plenty of money on merchandise.

Think i might take my lad to a Manchester Phoenix game when he's a bit older and see what the standard is like.

There have already been NHL regular season games in Europe. Helsinki, Stockholm, Berlin and I am sure Prague have held regular season games in the last few years.

As has London. I forgot about that, but the Ducks and the Kings played two games in the O2 arena a whileback.

Stanley Cup playoffs start tonight, who's everyone backing?

The way ovechkin's been playing recently he's capable of being the difference for the capitals, but I can see the penguins going all the way.

You can never predict the playoffs though!

I used to go and watch the Edinburgh Racers a lot in my very early teens, including fun away trips to palatial rinks such as Durham, Whitley Bay and Billingham. Things fell apart at the Racers (due to in-house politics) and that was pretty much the end of my flirtation with the sport. At the height of the dispute though I do remember going to see the newly branded 'Edinburgh Capitals' take on the Manchester Storm and deciding to sit with the storm fans instead.....I say sit with them, what I actually mean is BE them as me and my brother were the only two people on the away fans side!

On that same night there was a group of four teenage lads perched in the top right corner of the predominantly empty stands, who were taking great delight in abusing the players in an attempt to show off to the trio of young girls near by. After yet another predictably un-witty comment, their hilarity quickly died when a puck whizzed straight past their ears and thudded in to the wall behind them. They removed themselves from that stand quicker than you could say 'line change'!

I appreciate the skill involved as walking on ice is tricky and I do like it when they kick off but for the life of me I can't see that little black thing they chase after, never mind when they hit it.

It's like the CL half time highlights at The Etihad - I can't for the life of me see the fuckin' ball. I often think there isn't one and Uefa have sorted out beforehand who wins and who loses, and who the lucky ones would be and get a draw!

Thread resurrection. Free sports showing an NHL match this weekend that looks like it will be good. Vegas vs Colorado but outside on Lake Taho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.