if mancini can forgive........

Once Tevez was on the pitch, all the crap that went on at Carrington - double training sessions and the like - were soon forgotten last season, but this term I think he has gone too far, and it's clear that Mancini doesn't suffer fools. The trouble with Tevez's kind of behaviour, particularly the latest episode, explodes the notion of working professionally with people you'd rather not work with.

Why can't people recognise the possibility that Mancini actually made a genuine mistake and that Tevez was merely refusing to warm up yet again, after already having warmed up several minutes earlier. Yes I know what he said in the post-match interview but that could have simply been his ego talking. For me, Mancini would show immense strength of character by offering Tevez an olive branch. Sadly I think that public opinion and Mancini's own post-match comments may prevent him from doing so.

lionheart said:
Why can't people recognise the possibility that Mancini actually made a genuine mistake and that Tevez was merely refusing to warm up yet again, after already having warmed up several minutes earlier. Yes I know what he said in the post-match interview but that could have simply been his ego talking. For me, Mancini would show immense strength of character by offering Tevez an olive branch. Sadly I think that public opinion and Mancini's own post-match comments may prevent him from doing so.

I think people would be more inclined to consider that possibility if Tevez hadn't spent the last 10 months showing us that he is a self-obsessed, disrespectful little turd.

rushts said:
I'll never forgive that little twat for throwing the city scarf away on the steps at wembley on his way for the trophy. If things do get sorted between Bobby and Tevez i don't think the fans will accept him back.
Two City scarfs he threw down and then went on the pitch wearing an argentian flag it was our day not Argentine's. F*** you City, so F*** u Teves, wanted him gone from that moment on.

we forgave him after transfer request number one only because he played as well as he always did
we forgave him again for the second transfer request because he was still playing well
forgave him for slagging manchester off because he still played well on the pitch
he has threw away his only hope of gaining the affection of blues by doing what he did, no way back, theres no excuse suitable for what he did and he should never be forgiven

I do not ever want to see this man wearing the shirt of the club I love.
In fact, I don't even want to see him wearing the training kit at Carrington.
I want him out of the club as fast as possible.

TrueBlueSte said:
we forgave him after transfer request number one only because he played as well as he always did
we forgave him again for the second transfer request because he was still playing well
forgave him for slagging manchester off because he still played well on the pitch
he has threw away his only hope of gaining the affection of blues by doing what he did, no way back, theres no excuse suitable for what he did and he should never be forgiven

Not only played well, but put in 100% effort. Which made the contrast in Munich so stark.

seafordblue said:
Yes

Tevez had been warming up for 10 minutes prior to the strange De Jong for Dzeko substitution. He had a mini strop about not wanting to warm up again, when Mancini got all emotional and confrontational. It was clear from the TV pictures that Zab had advised him to get up and jog when someone off camera made him sit back down.

In my mind, and talking to other City fans at Munich airport the following morning, it has become too much of an issue purely because of Mancini's stance on the night.

Tevez was brilliant for City last season and deserves another chance, on condition that he doesn't do it again.
I didn't think it was such a strange substitution - we were in disarray and it was getting worse - as far as I am aware goal difference could be a factor in determining qualification and De Jong was brought on to stop even further damage (there being plenty of time remaining to recover our deficit) - It didn't get any worse and in my view it therefore worked and without the subsequent 'events' who knows what the result might have been!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.