IF Shay Given was English would Hart be Englands Number 1?

leighton said:
1.618034 said:
Does it? How do you know?

Hart has been playing brilliantly for the last 12 months... And as i recall he wasn't too shabby before Given came in and usurped him...

Are you Irish?

Yes I am Irish what has that got to do with anything? Given has been playing well at the club since he came to the club since the injury he hasnt got a look in. Of course it will cause problems it already has since Joe has come back. Joe stated if he didnt start he wanted out so too has Given. The problems have already started if you ask me. I just think Shay hasnt been given a fair crack by Roberto. Maybe Shay has burnt his bridges at the club we all know he and Bellers werent happy when Hughes got the sack. They got rid of Bellers next out should be Given but he did no wrong when he has played for the club he can feel highly unlucky not to be playing if you ask me.
To be fair Given also said if he wasnt first choice he wanted to leave(according to press reports).

I'm sorry Leighton but I think you are basing your assessment of Given on nationality just like 90% of your countrymen on this issue.

Given didn't do too much wrong last season but Hart did more right and is the younger better keeper.

My bird hasn't done too much wrong but if Megan Fox came round later and offered me her services then I'd be helping her out her clothes as fast as possible.

leighton said:
1.618034 said:

Hart has been playing brilliantly for the last 12 months... And as i recall he wasn't too shabby before Given came in and usurped him...

Are you Irish?

Yes I am Irish what has that got to do with anything? Given has been playing well at the club since he came to the club since the injury he hasnt got a look in. Of course it will cause problems it already has since Joe has come back. Joe stated if he didnt start he wanted out so too has Given. The problems have already started if you ask me. I just think Shay hasnt been given a fair crack by Roberto. Maybe Shay has burnt his bridges at the club we all know he and Bellers werent happy when Hughes got the sack. They got rid of Bellers next out should be Given but he did no wrong when he has played for the club he can feel highly unlucky not to be playing if you ask me.

I dunno about this 'fair crack of the whip' stuff, maybe Mancini just didn't much like what he saw of Given last season and rates Joe Hart higher.
Given has always had problems at dealing with high balls into the box and his distribution can be decidely poor, maybe Mancini just doesn't rate him as much as you seem to and if that's the case then he's quite right to give Hart the opportunity to show if he can be a more all round keeper.

bluemoon32 said:
leighton said:

I dunno about this 'fair crack of the whip' stuff, maybe Mancini just didn't much like what he saw of Given last season and rates Joe Hart higher.
Given has always had problems at dealing with high balls into the box and his distribution can be decidely poor, maybe Mancini just doesn't rate him as much as you seem to and if that's the case then he's quite right to give Hart the opportunity to show if he can be a more all round keeper.
I don't know too much about Italian managers, but I'm guessing distribution is a huge deal for them and someone had figures on here last season that Given was and by some margin the worst in the Prem League.

leighton said:
1.618034 said:

Are you Irish?

Quote;Yes I am Irish what has that got to do with anything?

lol.

It's unfair to slag Given off. He is one of the best keepers in the league and has proved it over a number of years. Unfortunately he is competing with the form keeper in the league. Presently there isn't a keeper in the country in better form than Hart. He is proving Mancini has made the right decision in every game he has played.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
bluemoon32 said:
I don't know too much about Italian managers, but I'm guessing distribution is a huge deal for them and someone had figures on here last season that Given was and by some margin the worst in the Prem League.

His "poor" distribution has been exagerated by many as a reason why Given shouldn't be started, Hart's isn't exactly any where near first class, and Given's distribution in the Irish game on Fri was excellent.

Speaking of that game, one of which he did really well in (not like anyone saw it) Liam Brady said before hand, while they were discussing the worry of not having our top players start in the Prem, that while Keane's was down to having better players ahead of him, Given's, he felt, had more to do with Hart being English than anything. So, well we're not alone really.

if given was english, he'd have been englands number 1 since 2002, an established keeper for 8 years, so therefore hart would still be having to wait for given to call it a day internationally.

so no, he wouldnt be englands number 1

IrishMacca said:

His "poor" distribution has been exagerated by many as a reason why Given shouldn't be started, Hart's isn't exactly any where near first class, and Given's distribution in the Irish game on Fri was excellent.

Speaking of that game, one of which he did really well in (not like anyone saw it) Liam Brady said before hand, while they were discussing the worry of not having our top players start in the Prem, that while Keane's was down to having better players ahead of him, Given's, he felt, had more to do with Hart being English than anything. So, well we're not alone really.

Wonder when you'd pop up......Fuck all to do with nationality, Hart is the better keeper and is deservedly our number one. Get over it and stop bleating about your boyfriend Shay.

IrishMacca said:

Unlike Liam Brady I watched Given and Hart close up(I used to sit in the North Stand front row)since Hart's first game for the club and I find it highly doubtful that thats the case. There is not much to choose between them, my guess is that Mancini(an Italian so why would he give a shit that Given is Irish), feels that ON BALANCE Hart is the better keeper right now, mainly down to age. Lets not forget that Hart was Hughes's first scapegoat for his whole defensive unit and Dunnie(and Irishman)another later example.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:20 pm --<br /><br />
feedthebell said:
if given was english, he'd have been englands number 1 since 2002, an established keeper for 8 years, so therefore hart would still be having to wait for given to call it a day internationally.

so no, he wouldnt be englands number 1
So your saying that if Given was English he wouldn't have missed the World Cup with is injury????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.