If we don't sign anyone, we won't finish top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluesimon said:
rickmcfc said:
That's my opinion and I have said it. People around us are getting stronger, we have got weaker with the loss of Adam Johnson. Really think we should have tried for Torres and go for Ashley Young in replace of AJ. Come in Mancini, get some players in!

Is it April 1st??

You are really joking arnt you? We sign Dzeko and we sign SIX outstanding players in the Summer (just exactly how many players did our rivals sign in the summer) and you are whinging about Johnson being out?

As for Torres, where exactly would you play him if Dzeko, Tevez and Balotelli were all fit ? I supposed he could have Tevez on his shoulders for that extra bit of height!!

Is nothing good enough for you? So Johnson is injured - perhaps SWP can actually come back into the team and show some bollox and a hint of what he was capable of. Of all the new posts I have seen in the last few weeks, your really is a true comedy moment for me..............

Sanity - well said that man - what a load of spoilt bollocks that op was

We could have signed Torres and Young and still not finish in the top four.

When we target players who will make us stronger in the longer term in the future we won't have to do the deal from go to woe on deadline day I would imagine.

These deals invariably fail to produce value for money.

Andouble said:
Mastes1 said:
Rubbish. Utd and Arsenal are gauranteed top 4 imo which leaves City, Chelsea and Spurs to battle in out for the other two places. City will definately get one of the remaining two places with Chelsea probably getting the other place, Spurs are a bit too far back and too inconsistent to get top four imo.
how are Spurs too far back? 4 points behind us if they win their game in hand.

I don't have time to do the analysis but we probably have the toughest fixture list for the rest of the season, at least of the contenders. Away to United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton, Spurs home. Our spot in the top 4 is not assured.

You do realize that Spurs will have to compete with Crouch, Defoe and Lennon as their strikers for the rest of the year? City supporters need not worry about Spurs catching them...

mcfc1632 said:
bluesimon said:
Is it April 1st??

You are really joking arnt you? We sign Dzeko and we sign SIX outstanding players in the Summer (just exactly how many players did our rivals sign in the summer) and you are whinging about Johnson being out?

As for Torres, where exactly would you play him if Dzeko, Tevez and Balotelli were all fit ? I supposed he could have Tevez on his shoulders for that extra bit of height!!

Is nothing good enough for you? So Johnson is injured - perhaps SWP can actually come back into the team and show some bollox and a hint of what he was capable of. Of all the new posts I have seen in the last few weeks, your really is a true comedy moment for me..............

Sanity - well said that man - what a load of spoilt bollocks that op was

Spoilt? WTF? It's my opinion, that's all. Many on this board think 4th is nailed on, that we will piss it and maybe even finish 3rd or higher. Me, I think it's a lot harder than most think. Like I have said a fair few times in this topic, I will pull it back up in may and see where we are.

rickmcfc said:
element_mcfc said:
Just wanna the say, the title of this thread just shows how stupid our fans our, soo many people chat so much crap that it creates a bad atmosphere. Makes me not wanna watch football

Good, fuck off and shut the door on your way out. Before you do fuck off, why is it stupid, its how i feel as a supporter, i think we will finish 5th, hope im wrong, but there you go. people around are getting stronger, that is a fact, with the players we have loaned out and the injuries we have, we are weaker. Its not rocket sience really is it.

You're way out of order with this post and come across as a spoilt little kid who's thrown his toys out 'cos nobody agrees with you.

Finishing 4th is going to be difficult that's for sure. But I know we will do it.

February is going to be a real testing month for our squad but I believe we have the depth to cope with it. We need to show we have the mentality and what we are made of.

It would have been wrong for us to buy a player yesterday, a loan would have been nice but to buy, hmm I think not.

I'm sure the chiefs at the club all had a plan of action for yesterday but if they wanted anyone it didn't come off so we move on and use what we have.

We played on Sunday with a full team minus 3 players - Vincent, Nigel, Carlos

And we looked a bag of fucking washing

PaulPowerShower said:
We played on Sunday with a full team minus 3 players - Vincent, Nigel, Carlos

And we looked a bag of fucking washing
Yes and our premier league rivals set the world on fire.
Oh no the rags and Arsenal struggled to get past lower league opposition and Spurs got hammered.
But aye lets not look at that when we can slag City off.
It was the F.A. cup and unless you ain`t noticed it happens to teams every year

I think some on here would have been happier if we had delayed the signing of Dzeko by 29 days to provide them with "last day hysteria".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.