If we don't sign anyone, we won't finish top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst i'm glad we didnt join in the frenzy of paying way over the odds in this window,i thought there would have been a couple of lower key signings just to freshen things up a bit-as mentioned elsewhere maybe the likes Kranjkar,ashley young.
Our struggles against villa,arsenal,wolves,leicester,notts county dont suggest to me we are improving,im quite worried we have already hit our peak for the season.
Not panicking but somewhat disappointed and v.concerned.

rickmcfc said:
That's my opinion and I have said it. People around us are getting stronger, we have got weaker with the loss of Adam Johnson. Really think we should have tried for Torres and go for Ashley Young in replace of AJ. Come in Mancini, get some players in!

Is it April 1st??

You are really joking arnt you? We sign Dzeko and we sign SIX outstanding players in the Summer (just exactly how many players did our rivals sign in the summer) and you are whinging about Johnson being out?

As for Torres, where exactly would you play him if Dzeko, Tevez and Balotelli were all fit ? I supposed he could have Tevez on his shoulders for that extra bit of height!!

Is nothing good enough for you? So Johnson is injured - perhaps SWP can actually come back into the team and show some bollox and a hint of what he was capable of. Of all the new posts I have seen in the last few weeks, your really is a true comedy moment for me..............

i`d be more worried if we`d just spent 35 mil on Carrol than us not buying a winger we won`t use and even more fullbacks who we don`t need.Have a little patience ,worst case scenario is we finish fifth(unlikely in my book) .Its not ideal but again gives us an advantage over the rest because the standard of Europa is much easier to bear than the Chumps league.Lets look long term why panic buy ?i hear all the time our owners are in for the long haul ,let them get on with it .
Huge amount of spoiled brat posts on here lately.Enjoy watching a team evolve through good and bad thats what i`m doing ,trust me it`ll be more satisfying

bluesimon said:
rickmcfc said:
That's my opinion and I have said it. People around us are getting stronger, we have got weaker with the loss of Adam Johnson. Really think we should have tried for Torres and go for Ashley Young in replace of AJ. Come in Mancini, get some players in!

Is it April 1st??

You are really joking arnt you? We sign Dzeko and we sign SIX outstanding players in the Summer (just exactly how many players did our rivals sign in the summer) and you are whinging about Johnson being out?

As for Torres, where exactly would you play him if Dzeko, Tevez and Balotelli were all fit ? I supposed he could have Tevez on his shoulders for that extra bit of height!!

Is nothing good enough for you? So Johnson is injured - perhaps SWP can actually come back into the team and show some bollox and a hint of what he was capable of. Of all the new posts I have seen in the last few weeks, your really is a true comedy moment for me..............

This^^
Its ridiculous to whine about not spending money. just because we have it, doesn't mean we HAVE to spend it.
our squad is at least on par with the "big 4" if not better, and moaning that we haven't signed enough players (£27mil dzeko!?!?) in the windows just seems like a childish strop.
"they got more than we did, theirs must be better"
i suppose we should go and sign Carlton Cole for £51mil to stay i the papers?
dick

As long as Mario comes back in the next month or so we will be ok. Swp will get some games now maybe get match fit and sort his attitude out. If he wants a decent move in the summer he better start playing for it. Maybe mj can get himself fit as well if so ok for Europa and fa cup cover at least a month or so down the line.

The honest truth is the likes of bridge and rsc were not good enough. Ade and bellamy were but their attitude and commitment stank too disruptive. Considering what he inherited mancini has done a blinding job moulding that squad. We are only 2 or 3 decent players off a title wining champions league quality side IMO. Not bad from a mid table start a couple of seasons ago considering how competitive the league is.

danburge82 said:
Mastes1 said:
Rubbish. Utd and Arsenal are gauranteed top 4 imo which leaves City, Chelsea and Spurs to battle in out for the other two places. City will definately get one of the remaining two places with Chelsea probably getting the other place, Spurs are a bit too far back and too inconsistent to get top four imo.

How the hell do you know we will definately get 3rd or 4th. We're not exactly firing on all cylindars are we? Apart from Villa at home we haven't played particularly well for ages (Notts=shit, Villa=average, Leicester=average, Wolves=average, Leicester=poor, Blackpool=average, Villa=good, Newcastle=okay, Everton=apalling......).

These other teams have got games in hand and we have to play them. Our forwards are a bit here and there at the mo: Adebayor and Santa Cruz have gone; SWP doesn't get a sniff; Balotelli, Adam Johnson and Tevez are all injured (although Tevez is doing light training); Silva has only played 90mins once in 2011 because of an injury; Jo is shit; and Dzeko is new and even if he had settled in and was up to full speed he couldn't carry us on his own. Not great is it? With all that we've got to play another replay in the FAC, we've got very tough home and away legs with Aris, we've got midweek Prem games the derby and other tough Prem fixtures to come.

Top four is nowhere near a certainty, at all! And not for one minute should we think it is!

Agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.