If we don't sign anyone, we won't finish top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
rickmcfc said:
You can all laugh and take the piss, but take the blue specs off for 1 second. Chelsea have just signed Torres and I think they will come strong for the second half of the season and Torres is a class player who will do well for them. Liverpool are about to get Andy Carroll and quite possibly Anelka as part if the Torres deal. Reports are that the Charlie Adam deal is still on to liverpool. As regards to all this I really hope I am wrong with this, but let's see come mid-may.

We've just signed Dzeko. All they are doing is reacting to what we have already done. In short they are panicking. There really isn't any need to flap.

rickmcfc said:
That's my opinion and I have said it. People around us are getting stronger, we have got weaker with the loss of Adam Johnson. Really think we should have tried for Torres and go for Ashley Young in replace of AJ. Come in Mancini, get some players in!
can i suggest you erase one tiny thing from this post.....................

the words !

rickmcfc said:
You can all laugh and take the piss, but take the blue specs off for 1 second. Chelsea have just signed Torres and I think they will come strong for the second half of the season and Torres is a class player who will do well for them. Liverpool are about to get Andy Carroll and quite possibly Anelka as part if the Torres deal. Reports are that the Charlie Adam deal is still on to liverpool. As regards to all this I really hope I am wrong with this, but let's see come mid-may.
Yep you're right, City have no chance now.

Of the players who have left this window.

Combined PL starts: 3
Combined PL goals: 1

And we've not done too bad without their services have we.

I do think there is room in the squad for another 2 players - a midfielder and an attacking/wide midfielder. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with those positions filled. But I see where the board/management are coming from. Those who have left are deadwood. The kind of player we want to come in just isn't available in January. So we are prepared to wait until the summer, and trust the group that we currently have (who tbf, have got us where we are to this point) to land us a top 4 place come May.

We couldn't have foreseen such a bad injury for AJ but clubs have to deal with this kind of loss. Look at United with Valencia. Arsenal with Cesc/Van Persie over the years.

Re: If we don't sign anyone, we won't finish 4th.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
rickmcfc said:
That's my opinion. People around us are getting stronger, we have got weaker with the loss of Adam Johnson. Really think we should have tried for Torres and go for Ashley Young in replace of AJ. Come in Mancini, get some players in!

priceless

Go on then, enlighten us, what's priceless about it?! I mean it's hardly a controversial opinion given that we could face as many as 28 games in the next 3 and a half months, depending on how far we go in the cups. But let's say 22 games as a midpoint between the minimum of 17 and maximum of 28. That's 22 games with just 2 fit forwards at the club (I don't count Jo-ke), 1 horribly out of form and out of favour winger, 1 creative midfielder, and no-one (bar Ya Ya) at the business end of the park with any real pace or who can beat a man with the ball. In the absence of AJ, or a suitable replacement, we will be even easier to frustrate than we are already. Oh and a fixture list that includes the rags, Chelsea (complete with Torres), Liverpool (complete with Carroll and Suarez) and Everton, all away from home. Tottenham catching us ain't exactly a fanciful notion is it?
We should be bidding for Ashley Young, or even Matt Jarvis, but we ain't, and that just smacks of needless complacency to me

rickmcfc said:

So Liverpool lose Torres and gain Carroll and this then somehow makes them stronger ??

90vd08.png

Anelka has said he wont go back to Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.