If we don't sign anyone, we won't finish top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
the blue panther said:
The OP is correct imho.

To all those who disagree with him, imagine for a moment what will happen if, in the next few games, we get another injury or 2 to our more attacking players. If Tevez went out long term we'd be well and truly stuffed. Judging by what's happened in the last couple of cup games, without AJ (long term) and Balo (short term, but, who really knows) the best we have to look forward to as replacements are Jo and Milner. Mancini can't think that there is anyone better because he would have chosen them by now, so it doesn't look like he thinks one of the younger players is yet ready.

The OP is talking about a squad here, not just the first 11. Look at the squad, because you are as good as your reserves. Ours aren't good enough, and the squad's short of numbers. If he doesn't add today, we'll have to be very lucky on the injury front to stay top 4. Personally, I think we will be caught by chelsea and spurs if he doesn't strengthen.

The whole squad situation had to be reassessed in the light of the various departures, injuries to Balo, and then again to AJ. AJ, despite his short comings, has been very important for us - our game changer occasionally, and now we won't be seeing him again until late in the season, if this season at all. We don't have a big enough squad to deal adequately with these injuries, but, at least they've happened at a time when, fortunately, the club had the possibility of doing something positive about getting in replacements, and when, for once, we had the funds, and it was worth doing, ie, we still had the possibility of winning something. With our resources, we shouldn't fail to land someone today - i'll be well peed off if we don't. I'd like several arrivals but it looks like they'll be none.

Thats how we get stronger as a team. stregnth in depth and all that. scum never went out and bought 3 world class players for every position. if we lose a striker, we blood a youth player, John Guidetti keeps cropping up on here as the bollocks, now your time to shine lad.
when Arsenal/Rags are short, they rely on youth, and you only have to look at their record to see that it works. so why does our squad HAVE to have 3 world beaters in every position?
we have got money, we dont need to chuck it away on bench warmers do we?
Anyone who is complaining about onlyone £27mil signing in the January window is either not old enough to remember the days we were looking at loan deals and free transfers to see us through, or just plain greedy.
if were short out wide (with silva, milner, gaz baz, zabs, kolarov & SWP who can all play wide roles, i don't see how) recall weiss.
if were struggling up to, and i mean really struggling, call back bellers, roque or ade. the options are there to fix the situation without dipping into the sheiks pockets.

if were going to be self sustainable by next year, signing a shopping list of talent with huge wages is a step ackwards.

the blue panther said:
The OP is correct imho.

To all those who disagree with him, imagine for a moment what will happen if, in the next few games, we get another injury or 2 to our more attacking players. If Tevez went out long term we'd be well and truly stuffed. Judging by what's happened in the last couple of cup games, without AJ (long term) and Balo (short term, but, who really knows) the best we have to look forward to as replacements are Jo and Milner. Mancini can't think that there is anyone better because he would have chosen them by now, so it doesn't look like he thinks one of the younger players is yet ready.

The OP is talking about a squad here, not just the first 11. Look at the squad, because you are as good as your reserves. Ours aren't good enough, and the squad's short of numbers. If he doesn't add today, we'll have to be very lucky on the injury front to stay top 4. Personally, I think we will be caught by chelsea and spurs if he doesn't strengthen.

The whole squad situation had to be reassessed in the light of the various departures, injuries to Balo, and then again to AJ. AJ, despite his short comings, has been very important for us - our game changer occasionally, and now we won't be seeing him again until late in the season, if this season at all. We don't have a big enough squad to deal adequately with these injuries, but, at least they've happened at a time when, fortunately, the club had the possibility of doing something positive about getting in replacements, and when, for once, we had the funds, and it was worth doing, ie, we still had the possibility of winning something. With our resources, we shouldn't fail to land someone today - i'll be well peed off if we don't. I'd like several arrivals but it looks like they'll be none.

Spot on

LongLang said:
the blue panther said:
The OP is correct imho.

Thats how we get stronger as a team. stregnth in depth and all that. scum never went out and bought 3 world class players for every position. if we lose a striker, we blood a youth player, John Guidetti keeps cropping up on here as the bollocks, now your time to shine lad.
when Arsenal/Rags are short, they rely on youth, and you only have to look at their record to see that it works. so why does our squad HAVE to have 3 world beaters in every position?
Anyone who is complaining about onlyone £27mil signing in the January window is either not old enough to remember the days we were looking at loan deals and free transfers to see us through, or just plain greedy.
if were short out wide (with silva, milner, gaz baz, zabs, kolarov & SWP who can all play wide roles, i don't see how) recall weiss.
if were struggling up to, and i mean really struggling, call back bellers, roque or ade. the options are there to fix the situation without dipping into the sheiks pockets.

if were going to be self sustainable by next year, signing a shopping list of talent with huge wages is a step ackwards.

Guidetti won't be anywhere near our team IMO. So there will be no "chance to shine lad".

To all those who think we will "get into the top four at a canter" I think you need to get real. It will be very difficult. We might well do it but I wouldn't say we are strong favourites. This attitude is a crossover of not being realistic, being complacent, underestimating Spurs, overestimating ourselves and a bit of arrogance.

Can I not put across any clearer that we have NO fully fit, firing, settled, in form forwards. Does that not make people think it's gonna be a tough, very tough, next few months. Yes injuries are part and parcel of football but look at Chelsea they went from title favourites to just being in the top four by the skin of their teeth. If we continue to have no fit and in form forwards where will we be?

danburge82 said:
LongLang said:

Guidetti won't be anywhere near our team IMO. So there will be no "chance to shine lad".

To all those who think we will "get into the top four at a canter" I think you need to get real. It will be very difficult. We might well do it but I wouldn't say we are strong favourites. This attitude is a crossover of not being realistic, being complacent, underestimating Spurs, overestimating ourselves and a bit of arrogance.

Can I not put across any clearer that we have NO fully fit, firing, settled, in form forwards. Does that not make people think it's gonna be a tough, very tough, next few months. Yes injuries are part and parcel of football but look at Chelsea they went from title favourites to just being in the top four by the skin of their teeth. If we continue to have no fit and in form forwards where will we be?

Probably the most sense talked on this topic with me. Just an update, Andy Carrol has handed in a transfer request, he will go to liverpool, torress will go to chelsea, they get stronger than before, us finishing 4th becomes a little harder!

Spend some time thinking of Moyes of Everton he looked suicidal on skysports!!!

Thats what we were like as a club before our owners came in!

in fact we were poorer than Everton...........

waspish said:

I couldnt give a fuck about the Scottish smack head, lord of the rings character looking, scouse robbing twat. Whay i am bothered about is that when we have let players go and have injurys left right and centre, we dont sign anyone. Really pissed off.
And breath

rickmcfc said:
danburge82 said:

Probably the most sense talked on this topic with me. Just an update, Andy Carrol has handed in a transfer request, he will go to liverpool, torress will go to chelsea, they get stronger than before, us finishing 4th becomes a little harder!
More sense than my post? Now, that is just not possible :P

rickmcfc said:
waspish said:

I couldnt give a fuck about the Scottish smack head, lord of the rings character looking, scouse robbing twat. Whay i am bothered about is that when we have let players go and have injurys left right and centre, we dont sign anyone. Really pissed off.
And breath

Was you stamping your feet as you wrote that?

we have just spent 27m........who would you like us to sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.