If we get to either final are you going ?

Yes for both…
My sister is getting married in Rhodes on 1 June so hoping and praying I’ll be able to fly from there to Istanbul
Mate, if we get there and you get a ticket. Thats going to be one helluva wedding for you to celebrate.

The Stadium in Istanbul holds nearly 75,000.

Any idea on how many points will be needed? I am on the UEFA scheme and have just short of 12,000 points.

We will probably book a City Break for Istanbul. I have not done an away European match since Gornik in the Prata Stadium in 1970 unless you count the Celtic match where I went in the home end. I will never do that again!
You will easily get a ticket.
I would think any season ticket holder who wanted to go would get one.
Will be an expensive trip, which will put many off.

...really?
I’m not sure we would. We don’t always sell out Wembley anymore, even against Liverpool when some tickets were £30 and it was free travel.

We don’t have the kind of fanbase that has loads of well-off people in it and we’ve priced out loads of local fans to the point where they’ve got used to not going to City games anymore.

So a trip to Istanbul that would cost £150 for the cheapest ticket, £300 for the average tickets, flights, accommodation, food, drink, drink, drink… and that’s on top of possible Wembley trips and the Prem games, people may already have booked summer holidays, plus in this financial climate (some people have £300 a month fuel bills) where people are struggling… we don’t have 2,000 Londoners and 5,000 Irishmen to take up the slack when our locals can’t afford it (which I’m actually glad we don’t).

I think selling 20,000 in Istanbul would be a struggle this year.

There’s no way I could afford it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I’m doing both. Got a Whizzair flight booked from Luton (95% refundable). Looking forward to it hopefully

Booking for Istanbul early is OK but once they know who is in the final the hotels will just cancel the booking and refund the money then charge 4 or 5 times more for the same room.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.