IF we get to the final how would you distribute the tickets?

awest said:
nunogo said:
Remove away fans from our home FA Cup attendances and we averaged under 25,000.

So anyone who went to all FA Cup games get first dibs. Then those who missed one game. Then start with loyalty points.

Some people weren't interested in the FA Cup before, but they are now we're in a semi, so it's unfair they get a ticket before someone who went to every cup game.

Top post

Ridiculous post more like.

Presumably you two have been to a few FA cup games at £15 quid a pop and believe it gives you more of a right to tickets than someone who has been going for donkey's years but gave a few early round FA cup games a miss? Going by these rules someone could get a ticket to the final who has only started to support City this year but has been to a handful of cut-price FA cup games.

As i've said on this forum before, you support the TEAM, not the team in the competition they happen to be playing in. On that basis it is entirely right that loyalty points are taken into account as this rewards your loyalty to the club and the team outright. Not the club and the team in this years FA Cup.

Unfortuanately some people will miss out on tickets, but the fairest way so far devised is loyalty points.

Flixton blue said:
awest said:

Presumably you two have been to a few FA cup games at £15 quid a pop and believe it gives you more of a right to tickets than someone who has been going for donkey's years but gave a few early round FA cup games a miss? Going by these rules someone could get a ticket to the final who has only started to support City this year but has been to a handful of cut-price FA cup games.

As i've said on this forum before, you support the TEAM, not the team in the competition they happen to be playing in. On that basis it is entirely right that loyalty points are taken into account as this rewards your loyalty to the club and the team outright. Not the club and the team in this years FA Cup.

Unfortuanately some people will miss out on tickets, but the fairest way so far devised is loyalty points.

If you want higher attendences at cup games they will different schemes for cup and league or at least an element like the cup scheme. You might not like it but its what will happen and if you look at it as a business point of view its the right thing to do.

I would distribute the tickets to those who had seasoncards when we had king kiv' and physco as manager and before! The days where our attack consisted on Samaras, Musampa, Coraddi and we scored no more than a dozen goals a season.
First priority should go to those who have had a seasoncard for more than 5 years as well!
None of this glory one season fans getting tickets first!

johnmc said:
Flixton blue said:

If you want higher attendences at cup games they will different schemes for cup and league or at least an element like the cup scheme. You might not like it but its what will happen and if you look at it as a business point of view its the right thing to do.

Certainly not the right thing to do. Not so sure it's the right thing to do from a business point of view either. If you do this you risk alienating a lot of season card holders who will feel they're not really getting value for money and there is very little advantage in buying one. You're attendance for league games against lower opposition will then plummet.

Similarly i can't see a huge increase in cup games. A few thousand more through the gate at £15 a go for a few games a season is hardly going to get the Sheik rubbing his hands is it?

Flixton blue said:
Certainly not the right thing to do. Not so sure it's the right thing to do from a business point of view either. If you do this you risk alienating a lot of season card holders who will feel they're not really getting value for money and there is very little advantage in buying one. You're attendance for league games against lower opposition will then plummet.

Similarly i can't see a huge increase in cup games. A few thousand more through the gate at £15 a go for a few games a season is hardly going to get the Sheik rubbing his hands is it?

Why do you think the rags got 70k+ v crawley?

This is just the first step mate.

SWP's back said:
Stretford Born Blue said:
I've followed City live for 39 years during which I have had a season ticket for about 30 years. I have had my current season ticket for the last 23 years. I have 4780 loyalty points (since they started) so will get a ticket no problem should we reach the final. I do about 5 away matches a season due to work and my family ties and I can't upgrade my 2 concessions season cards to take adults to the semi, respectful normal people who won't go throwing their weight around, my mate and I might be the problem!!
Of the 6 season cards we have, the loyalty points range from 2440 for my son (who's 9), through 4390 x2, 4380, 4100 and mine at 4780. Why is it you can't upgrade season cards for cup games but you can for league games, I upgrade my son's and dads 8 or 9 times a season for league games, why not for the semi........it's bollocks when group bookings and junior sales criteria allow new kids on the block to get in first.
people might be right, join the OSC nearest you..........

Are you actually being serious???? You can't upgrade tickets for all away league games and the semi for one reason. You would be upgrading so that you could take somebody without the required loyalty points.

So for the semi, you can't take your two kids but wanna take Dave and Steve from the pub. Now Dave and Steve will make it a top day out for you but haven't been to a game all season (and you don't wanna take two kids to a Wembley derby). The problem is, if the club allowed you to upgrade and take your mates, then 2 real supporters, with SC and points that go to games (unlike your mates), would miss out and that would plainly be wrong.

I am very surprised you were unable to work that out for yourself.

Thanks Mr condecsending.....
You seem to think you know a lot about me and my mates.
I'm fully aware and could write a list as long as my arm as to why you can't upgrade concession tickets for away and cup games and in hindsight I should have said that in my initial post!!
The point I'm trying to make is that if I want to use my season card/s to take another "real supporter" as you put it, then I should be able to. It's my neck and continued ownership of the season card I'm putting on the line. What's the difference for example in an OSC member with very few loyalty points getting a ticket and 2 mates who have supported City for 40 years and who can't afford season cards presently (their points would be in the region of 6700 had they kept hold of them!!) being treated to a ticket. I upgrade my sons and fathers concession cards for league games for them and they have often bought tickets off the King of the Kippax seller at away games or through either of 2 OSC's when spares are going!!. In deed, when I was a member of an OSC, others used my tickets for away games when I couldn't go. So, its every man for himself, criteria is in place to give preference to loyalty yet it's not always fare, is it?.

johnmc said:
Flixton blue said:

Why do you think the rags got 70k+ v crawley?

This is just the first step mate.

Probably a large portion of those who went against Crawley were day trippers who wouldn't normally get the chance to go to OT and probably would have no intention of going to the final. Also, i don't think United are offering any preference for semi and final tickets to those who went to early round games. As far as i know it is done by a ballot.

Stretford Born Blue said:
SWP's back said:
Are you actually being serious???? You can't upgrade tickets for all away league games and the semi for one reason. You would be upgrading so that you could take somebody without the required loyalty points.

So for the semi, you can't take your two kids but wanna take Dave and Steve from the pub. Now Dave and Steve will make it a top day out for you but haven't been to a game all season (and you don't wanna take two kids to a Wembley derby). The problem is, if the club allowed you to upgrade and take your mates, then 2 real supporters, with SC and points that go to games (unlike your mates), would miss out and that would plainly be wrong.

I am very surprised you were unable to work that out for yourself.

Thanks Mr condecsending.....
You seem to think you know a lot about me and my mates.
I'm fully aware and could write a list as long as my arm as to why you can't upgrade concession tickets for away and cup games and in hindsight I should have said that in my initial post!!
The point I'm trying to make is that if I want to use my season card/s to take another "real supporter" as you put it, then I should be able to. It's my neck and continued ownership of the season card I'm putting on the line. What's the difference for example in an OSC member with very few loyalty points getting a ticket and 2 mates who have supported City for 40 years and who can't afford season cards presently (their points would be in the region of 6700 had they kept hold of them!!) being treated to a ticket. I upgrade my sons and fathers concession cards for league games for them and they have often bought tickets off the King of the Kippax seller at away games or through either of 2 OSC's when spares are going!!. In deed, when I was a member of an OSC, others used my tickets for away games when I couldn't go. So, its every man for himself, criteria is in place to give preference to loyalty yet it's not always fare, is it?.

Oh I agree. The OSC's way of doing things is bollocks (having said that my mate that comes away games with me does this each time as he has no points (well about 70) as guess what, I can't upgrade my Dad's ticket from OAP so it's the only way we can go together.

Next season I am paying the difference and stopping my Dad's ticket being an OAP one so I can always take my mate away and rack up more points on his (my Dads) card.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.