Ilkay Gundogan - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did largely stop making those runs & the criticism is fair.

One or two in half an hour, does not equal the five or six he made in a short time earlier.

With him basically doing nothing & KDB off his game, Fern had to play on his own for most of the half, not for the first time.

Unacceptable imo.

Not in the first half, he consistently made them throughout.

Thanks for the reasoned debate.

I'd argue that Delph's performance for England (granted) v Croatia in November was a far better individual performance than any Gundogan has put in this season. But that's just me...
Some might say 4 assists Trump's a Cameo captain appearance. But Hey to each his own. :)

Very good performance from Ilkay today — I thought his speed of decision making was for the most part much quicker (which seems to have built over the last few outings), which allowed him to be much more influential through out. He also got in to very good positions to stop opposition passes, which is exactly what is needed when he slides in to Dinho’s role.

Long may these great contributions continue!

I've called posters out in general for unnecessarily criticising him even when does well so it's only just that I say fairplay to the posters that are now praising him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.