Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad someone else saw it that way. I’m a big Gündy fan but his performance was bewildering. Some truly rotten passes, even when not under pressure, but equally he played so many great balls: between the lines, out wide, first-time passes into space.
Another thing is it's tough to say how much it was Gundogan and how much it was Liverpool's pressing. They're really good at honing in on one player and cutting out everything they do. We've seen Touré, Fernandinho, Silva, and everyone else struggle with them over the years.

Maybe worth saying I felt Rodri handled them better but for the most part was less incisive. His size came in handy. So maybe the conclusion is let's hope Rodri blossoms into the player we hope he can be. He's got the calmness so that's a start.

Another thing is it's tough to say how much it was Gundogan and how much it was Liverpool's pressing. They're really good at honing in on one player and cutting out everything they do. We've seen Touré, Fernandinho, Silva, and everyone else struggle with them over the years.

Maybe worth saying I felt Rodri handled them better but for the most part was less incisive. His size came in handy. So maybe the conclusion is let's hope Rodri blossoms into the player we hope he can be. He's got the calmness so that's a start.

I also admire Gündy for consistently dropping into the back and taking responsibility even when he was struggling with the press. He’s often called out for being a bottler but he had more of the ball than anyone and backed himself to invite the pressure and release the pass. I respect that

i just dont trust him in big games, specially not as a dm. I mean, he's good - used to be better before thr injuries - good rotation player but city could definitely use a upgrade there

Top player. Some fans need a scapegoat for any poor display and have done for decades. He's probably the greatest scapegoat ever to wear blue.

Must have had celebrated with Klopp too much, given how slow and inaccurate he was with the ball at his feet, which isn't really how we know him. Yeah, Liverpool press well, but on paper, Gundogan is our most press-resistant player. Got better as we got hold of the game.

thought he was excellent again last night,all players are guilty of bad passes its going to happen with the amount of passes we play,i wonder who gives the ball away more out of the midfielders

He’s fucking gash, the sooner he’s benched or out of the club the better for me. A complete liability in the first 25 mins, much improved in the second half but we just don’t need him in a midfield that has Rodri in it.

Think it just shows we need someone who is absolutely at their peak playing that role.

Gundogan can do it right but he's not star quality anymore and is prone to disappearing, making errors and not wrestling back the momentum. I see why Pep likes him, but he's a level below what Pep's had in that role previously.

Easy to see why we are looking at Aouar but I like Gundo, keeps things ticking over for the most part and we need a squad. We can't just have a strong starting 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.