Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of need as you are coming across a tad pompous. Lighten up.
Maybe you should look at some of your fellow supporters, who attack people for having a (reasonable) opinion. Even if it diverges from the consensus. But yeah, it's me who's pompous apparently.

See the Sterling thread. Where some of your fellow blues actually backed me up to be fair.

We will see with Nunes. Was surprised he didn’t come back to pre-season early. The competition looks greater than last year. He’s gonna have to be much better to force his way in.

I’m thinking he might be better in the wider zones rather than centrally. His carrying is an attribute I like but not good enough on the ball for me.

Would like to see him get another chance but want to see much more from him.

Yes maybe that then too.

He might wanna play for a long time as well though, people can change or make different decisions.

But yeah, the main crux of my post is that likely they see him as a first-team player until the World Cup, then he will either transition to coaching or finish elsewhere.
He's either recently passed his coaching badges or will do soon so I presume part of the deal is to take up coaching for us instead of moving on. He did 7 seasons with us and will do a minimum of 8 as a player and despite the much publicised pap of his Mrs not liking British cuisine he's coming back 'home' because he's missed us. He feels the love of the blue half of Manchester and City, he's missed his friends and family which are us, the fans. And most of us have missed him too, except for the miserable sods on here that can't wait to lambast any mistakes he makes at the first opportunity, sadly.

Last edited:
We will see with Nunes. Was surprised he didn’t come back to pre-season early. The competition looks greater than last year. He’s gonna have to be much better to force his way in.

I’m thinking he might be better in the wider zones rather than centrally. His carrying is an attribute I like but not good enough on the ball for me.

Would like to see him get another chance but want to see much more from him.
Sounds like we kinda insist nowadays with the games, players union issues etc. but agree he's gonna find this tough.

I will be happy to see Gundo back. Watched some Barca's games and Germany, despite his age, he is still very good. Read reports he personally contacted Pep for a return, so he still has the desire to continue winning trophies.

Key thing for me is how often is he expecting to play and how often are we going to play him.

I do wonder if any of our midfielders will suffer in game time because of it, namely Nunes or McAtee.
Mrs Vienna has just suggested that Pep told him, when he left, if you want to come back, speak to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.