Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many years on the deal do you reckon he gets? 1 or 2.

He probably retires with us.

Another promising young coach from the Pep production line?

Possibly the promising young coach. I hope this comes off.
There seems a special connection between Guardiola and Gundogan. I am still hoping he can take over the Michels/Cruyff/ Guardiola torch when Guardiola quits club football, but he still needs a few more years around him to get to that level. A relationship like Guardiola had with Cruyff would be great for the club, for English football and football generally. I would hate to see that football legacy perish after Guardiola with fake-Pep disciples who can't hack it.

Excuse me? "Kyle fuckin Walker"!!!!! This is not a rag you're talking about. Have some fuckin respect!

He’s been a very good player for us but he’s made a twat of himself over and over again.

A 34 year old grown arse man who acts like some dickhead teenager.

Should be nowhere near the captain’s armband, it makes a mockery of the role.

In my opinion. Which I am entitled to.

One of my favourite ever players and id be happy to see him back whilst also accepting he's a little past his peak. He's never been there for his speed or physical attributes. His touch and movement haven't disappeared all of a sudden. He's clearly a great presence around the squad and I'd love to see him move into coaching with us.

That said, I don't think we need to be taken for a ride in making it happen. If it's the case that Barca need to move him (and his salary) on, then similarly to us and Cancelo, they dont get to call the shots. There shouldn't be a massive fee involved and Gundogan might need to accept a bit of a drop in salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.