In Game Thread: Supersport United v Manchester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
thenabster said:
The_Mo said:
Is Razak a winger?

Well he's positioned as a right winger right now. It makes sense from Denis Suarez's position. Suarez can't be a winger he's too slow and prefers to lie back and pick out passes.

Is common in Pellegrini´s system to use inverted winger, even if they don´t. More of the time are the backs who moves forward to open the field. the idea of those players (Razak and Suarez today) in that position is to help at the moment to move the ball or make diagonals to the area, also one of the jobs of the CF (beside scores) is move and create spaces, the ones that this false winger or insiders can use to have a chance to score as well, at last that´s the idea he developed in others teams, sometimes he uses real wingers, inverted as well,

Sparkys-Army said:
South African teams are very good at quick counter attacking football so will be interesting.
Right you were. Must say I was pleasantly surprised.

Why are all the City players ignoring Fernandinho?. I don't think anyone's
passed the ball to him all this half.

First Half Positives:

Razak has played pretty well.

Fernandinho looks to have the pace, skill, and mobility we have needed in midfield.

Kompany is his world class self.

Garcia seems too be a workable CB even against speedsters.

Saurez has shown his quality even whilst being played out of position.

Negatives:

Vuvuzelas.

United shirts.

Rugby lines.

Kolarov.

Has anyone thought that maybe MP just didn't give any instructions whatsoever. Probably just told them to play how they normally play to observe each player and make his future decisions on what he sees today.

I really like the look of Suarez. Reckon he'd play better in the centre, bit wasted on the wing. Fernandinho definitely looks good, will be really important. Brings so much energy to the field.

I reckon the team was a bit slow really, not enough pace and you can definitely tell Razak is a midfielder rather than a forward/winger.

New system seems decent, reckon with Navas and co. it could really work. Seems very fluid.

Brendan110_0 said:
Suarez looks like he passes sideways and back far too often, afraid of making an error.
It looked that way to me too. When he wanted to make a pass forward he seemed to spend a little longer thinking about it and ended up losing it more often.

Razak on the right and Suarez on the left, just goes to show what shit
options we currently have out wide. Navas can't join the squad quickly
enough.

If they make 11 changes, it'll be Devante up front won't it? Might be an upgrade on first half Dzeko anyway. A shame Guidetti isn't fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.