In-swinging corner kicks more dangerous?

Barton could deliver a decent corner?!

All he did was raise his hand and not clear the first man.

Utter shite 9/10.

This is one of my few criticisms of Pellegrini, but his insistence on out-swinging corners is baffling. I've no problem with them as a variation every now and then but in-swingers are statistically better to score from and are less likely to put the opposition on the front foot if it goes wrong. What does MP see in them that the fans don't?

Doesn't matter if they were in or out swingers, we just dinked/floated them in to Crouch to head out all game!

KippaxCitizen said:
Doesn't matter if they were in or out swingers, we just dinked/floated them in to Crouch to head out all game!

Granted, he was like a magnet for the ball today. Always seems to play at 150% against us!

ccr said:
Everytime we try to pick one of our players to head it, it goes to one of theirs. Why dont we aim for one of their players ?

I think we tried that all game yesterday and it worked perfectly unfortunately..:)

as a football newb, can someone be so kind to explain the difference between in swingining, and, im assuming the opposite being... out swinging? forgive my newness ;)

Resurrection said:
as a football newb, can someone be so kind to explain the difference between in swingining, and, im assuming the opposite being... out swinging? forgive my newness ;)

Inswinging:

inswingcornerstat.gif

Outswinging:

outswingcornerstat.gif

After about three corners yesterday, each one of which had been headed effortlessly clear by Stoke, I wondered why there weren't any City players within five yards of where the ball was being delivered.

Mostly the balls were going into the area they have been delivered into for the last year, namely about 8 yards out between the front post and the penalty spot. The problem was, no City players were even close, so instead of watching the ball in the second half I started watching City's runners. They took their usual positions level with the far post about 20 yards out. From there, they usually run on to the ball and at least make a challenge, but yesterday they were being blocked and held and shackled and shirt pulled. Mason, if he saw it, did fuck all.

Hughes obviously knew what we were going to do with the corners, so part of his game plan (apart from waste time at every opportunity and go down if someone farts near you) was obviously (sorry) to make sure City's big players don't get a run on to the delivery from corners. They stopped us by fair means and by foul. Perhaps it was too much to hope that if I could spot what they were doing from EL3 that the referee could see it from 10 yards away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.