in the defence of the hughes outers

cyberblue said:
He was boring at Blackburn, it is slightly better with us. In my opinion he is inept, he was hired to get the best out of players and wheel-and-deal because we were skint. We are no longer skint which means we no longer need him. He has bought over priced average players from what i have seen(Lescott, Cruz, Bridge).

Plus I we bought Adebayor from Arsenal a team where the ball hardly leaves the ground and he is excellent with the ball at his feet. But oh no Hughes knows best 'On your head Ade' Stupid, the sooner he goes the better.

Just bypassing for a second, but are you "Pro Mourinho"?

Anyway... I'm not sure Hughes was singed to "wheel and deal", Frank wasn't that switched on when it came to football, he was more bothered about "big names" and "big money signings". He knew his time at our helm was numbered so i think theres a number of possible explinations as to why we courted and signed Hughes.

I can't disagree with our footballing philosophy; our first five games the ball was kept on the floor, it was passed quickly, efficiently and with purpose. There was a swagger about us. Thats not there anymore we look like a team frightened to come out of the trap until we give the opposition a goal. When we go forward we can beat any team in he country.

GStar said:
cyberblue said:
He was boring at Blackburn, it is slightly better with us. In my opinion he is inept, he was hired to get the best out of players and wheel-and-deal because we were skint. We are no longer skint which means we no longer need him. He has bought over priced average players from what i have seen(Lescott, Cruz, Bridge).

Plus I we bought Adebayor from Arsenal a team where the ball hardly leaves the ground and he is excellent with the ball at his feet. But oh no Hughes knows best 'On your head Ade' Stupid, the sooner he goes the better.

Anyway... I'm not sure Hughes was singed to "wheel and deal", Frank wasn't that switched on when it came to football, he was more bothered about "big names" and "big money signings". He knew his time at our helm was numbered so i think theres a number of possible explinations as to why we courted and signed Hughes.

I can't disagree with our footballing philosophy; our first five games the ball was kept on the floor, it was passed quickly, efficiently and with purpose. There was a swagger about us. Thats not there anymore we look like a team frightened to come out of the trap until we give the opposition a goal. When we go forward we can beat any team in he country.

Like i said on another thread on paper we are a top 4 side but that means jack shit if we don't belief we can do it.
This comes down to the manager to breed confidence and belief into the side which i think he lacks.

GStar said:
cyberblue said:

Am I 'pro-Mourinho'? I am pro ANYONE who in my opinion has a better track-record thatn Hughes, better tactical awareness, a better scouting system that enables them to find a 17mil forward that can actually play once in a while(let alone play well and score) and the ability to find a 24mil centre back that dosent either a) pass to our keeper or b) hoof it 60yards.

So yes I suppose i am but not exclusivly Mourinho I would take anyone that fits my above criteria

What worries me is that there are a lot of blues who I respect immensely like Blue2112 who simply want shut of Hughes. Whatever their myriad of reasons, they just don't think he's up to it.

Begs the very serious question of how long before Hughes becomes a dead man walking? What effect will that have on the team and the rest of the season?

Hughes is not a Manager he is a Supervisor. I have seen this problem so often outside of football. People who get promoted into Management positions and they do not have the right qualities. So what do they do they do very little and certainly rarely try to influence or change anything out of a fear that their influence will create failure. So they Supervise what they inherited rather than what they are payed to do.

BillyShears said:
What worries me is that there are a lot of blues who I respect immensely like Blue2112 who simply want shut of Hughes. Whatever their myriad of reasons, they just don't think he's up to it.

Begs the very serious question of how long before Hughes becomes a dead man walking? What effect will that have on the team and the rest of the season?

Probably the same sort of thing that happened under Sven (although nowhere near the same extent as we do have much better players). If this scenario were to happen I could see us finishing 8th-10th and that would be a crying shame.

BillyShears said:

I think (luckily?) that we have a board which are detached enough from the club, not just geographically, to not let fan opinion get in the way of their own decision making.

I'm confident that whatever Hughes' future, our owners will make a decision on what they truely believe is the best option for the club.

BillyShears said:

How the squad would react would depend on who was brought in.

BillyShears said:

He already is Billy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.