in the defence of the hughes outers

moomba said:
shadygiz said:
why not...we have waited so long to get to this stage....what will another 6-12months matter tbh....or is it a case of "want it now"

I doubt 6-12 months will give us the answers were looking for. They won't come for years I suspect.

maybe your right mate....but surely he has got to be given time to shine.....i'm neither pro or anti hughes, but i am pro city and i will support who ever the owners opt to put in charge

woolleyback blue said:
rastus said:
Its a difficult one and I do feel a bit for MH and the Taffia and that they are doing there best.

But the question for me is are they good enough to take us forward. I dont think they have the experience as a management team having minimal success (treading water) with Wales and Blkbrn.

They came to us with no real success, no cups, top 4 etc but with potential.

So the question for me is that potential bieng fullfilled or would we be better with the like of a proven Manager (Hiddink et all) or wait and see if they really have the makings of tactical geniuses.

My answer is go with someone who has a proven track record of achieving. A bit heartless and I hope Im wrong.

Yeh mate.And in 2 years time twatini will have implemented his spending to turnover rule and we'll never
catch the top 4.Were letting the best chance in our history to challenge pass us by

It takes 3 yrs to build a team and by that I mean having a squad of players who have gelled and have an knowledge of each others game. MH has built 2 teams from the bottom up and at the moment he is the best man to re-build City from the base up. If 2 yrs from now we haven't progressed then we all would accept him being replaced. I would be willing to bet that the current starting 11 will not be the same 2 yrs from now.

shadygiz said:
moomba said:
I doubt 6-12 months will give us the answers were looking for. They won't come for years I suspect.

maybe your right mate....but surely he has got to be given time to shine.....i'm neither pro or anti hughes, but i am pro city and i will support who ever the owners opt to put in charge

When i go to a game i'll support the team regardless of who's in charge but.........
Am i wrong in wanting the best for our club?
You go in the transfer forum and people posting i want Kaka, I want Villa, I want Terry etc.........there wanting the best for there team.
So why when anyone asks for a better manager for our club it is met with such contempt?

Dubai Blue said:
Cully said:
blueonblue, Challenger, de niro you are soooo right
Thank fuck there are some fans with some sense.
What he's done, not just to Dunnie, Elano, Cassells etc, but to the whole club is a crying shame.
Hughes, we should have a public flogging the useless Twat.

Give him more time..... AAArrrggggggg!!!!!!
I doubt De Niro will appreciate being thrown into that particular group!!

Definatly and De Niro has been qouted as saying the Hughes is the best manager since Joe Royle something I'm planning having printed on T shirt and presented to him at the next bluemoon shindig when Hughes finally does get the boot

De Niro its Leighton mate here hope you and your family are well, on the subject ov him me and I would say 25% of City follows will not accept him due to fact that played and Loved for playing for them lot , no matter what he does nothing will be good enough, am sure you where at the swamp on the 10th November 1994 when we got battered and who was last off the pitch kissing his badge him , when they beat us 1-0 Hendry og not ryan scored, what did are manager do run towards us lot kissing is fuckin badge , how some people have short memories on here , do you really think he would have done the same if them lot had played Luton , Wimbledon etc...

Add to this the fact that he played for them twice and was an integral in them havin near enough complete dominance of the prem league when he played it will not wash with me and I hope with many others blues

HUGHES OUT

MCFC OK

I disagree. I don't know one person who doesn't think Hughes is the man for the job, short-term at least. I suspect many of those vocal on forums against him aren't so in real life.

Is he the man to win us trophies? I have my doubts.
Can he take us to the next level? I think so.

I'd say he splits opinions less than other managers, certainly no moreso than Keegan did, or Sven, or Reid, or others.

shadygiz said:
moomba said:

I think there will come a time where the owners will have to draw a line. I remember saying probably a year ago that Hughes has the easiest job in the world and the hardest job in the world. The hardest part is justifying that he should be in the job, and unfortunately for him continual improvement may not be enough.

Finish 5th or 6th and keep your job and the reward is even higher expectations the following year, until (if) he wins everything there will remain doubts on his ability. It's the way it's got to be I think, we have the resources to wait and see if he's good enough in 5 years, but unless he proves it every year it's just not a palatable option.

Harsh? Absolutely. But nothing Hughes wouldn't be well aware of and very well compensated for. I'm sure he knows that he has until the end of the season to press his claims again.

KenTheLandlord said:
jake28 said:
Motivational skills and tactical plan.
we cant wait around as hughes "might" come good

Ok, let us in on the secret of instant success.

Unlimited transfer funds.
im not saying instant success but i want some kind of proof that Hughes is the right man for the job.
Ive tried and tried to give him the benefit of the doubt saying next week will be better,then the next week and so on.
its just complete rubbish that ive watched along with baffling tactical decisions.Its simply NOT good enough.
Im in constant fear that our big chance is going to pass us by by our owners misguided loyalty to Hughes

Blue Dove said:
If my memory serves me right wasn't he interviewed/considered for the Chelsea job or is that a rumour?
absolutely wright+ I was amazed he picked us look at the shit he inherited spurs had a much better squad than us 2 start with + have nearly spent as much Ireland + barry have blank cv s shall we bin them as well as hughes dont agree with hughes tactics sometimes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.