in the defence of the hughes outers

pardoe said:
I disagree. I don't know one person who doesn't think Hughes is the man for the job, short-term at least. I suspect many of those vocal on forums against him aren't so in real life.

Is he the man to win us trophies? I have my doubts.
Can he take us to the next level? I think so.

I'd say he splits opinions less than other managers, certainly no moreso than Keegan did, or Sven, or Reid, or others.

In what respect Sven won trophys in every country he coached in apart from with us, given time and the opportunity MH has had Sven would have achieved. To say he splits opinion is utter bollox maybe amongst your little crowd at the bar but not with the majority of fans and forums I know.

Mike D said:
pardoe said:
I disagree. I don't know one person who doesn't think Hughes is the man for the job, short-term at least. I suspect many of those vocal on forums against him aren't so in real life.

I'd say he splits opinions less than other managers, certainly no moreso than Keegan did, or Sven, or Reid, or others.

In what respect Sven won trophys in every country he coached in apart from with us, given time and the opportunity MH has had Sven would have achieved. To say he splits opinion is utter bollox maybe amongst your little crowd at the bar but not with the majority of fans and forums I know.

do you think sven would be getting any more out of the team than hughes at the mo?

the notion we can have anyone is flawed hasnt the kaka terry saga taught us anything anyone for Scolari the only better manager 4 me is Mourinhio if we cant get him we might äs well stick with Hughes

Mike D said:
Are you for real?

Eriksson splits opinion more than any manager i've ever known, for England and City. There were those who took about four months of good form to mean he was the second coming here, that soon wore off, he lost the dressing room and we were right to get rid.

Most people i know realise that Sven flatters to deceive. Players enjoy working for him because he's a pushover, a mug, unable to discipline. Some tools let a couple of good results under him mask the fact that we were largely shit.

If he was up to managing a top club now then he'd be in a job at one.

We've got a squad there that if Mourinho, Hiddink, Wenger, Ancellotti ect were in charge of would be challenging for the league. That is why alot of people are "Hughes outers", he can spot a good player and can over achieve an average side but i don't think he can be successful with a top side.

Take yesterday for example, we were playing a average side and we had the likes of SWP, Ireland, Adebayor and Bellamy in the side and what did we do? We just hoofed it up to Adebayor and hope for flick ons and were so negative for 60 odd minutes. It was only when we went a goal down that we started to play. Hughes says he got his tactics spot on and he did as he went for the draw and got it, but i don't want to be going to Liverpool and getting a draw, forget their 18 titles, 5 european cups and all the shit they have achieved in the past, they are shit and with the amount of talent in our side yesterday we should of won that game comfortably, so comfortably that Lescott an Toure could of played holding a glass of brandy and a cigar in their mouths, instead we didn't play to our strengths and played like Blackburn Rovers used to play like. That's fine when you have players like Samba, Savage, Roberts ect it works for players like that, but a big punt to Adebayor and Ireland, SWP and Ballamy hoping for a flick on or a lucky bounce won't work and hasn't the last 5 games.

Hull is a must win game, i don't care what anybody else says, we've got Chelsea, Spurs and Sunderland coming up before christmas, i don't want us to get to Janaury when our best defender and best striker fuck off for a month 7 or 8 points behind 4th place.

I'd just love us to be POSITIVE next week, play a positive formation, play the ball on the ground, just because Ade is 6ft odd doesn't mean we should play it to his head all the time, you watch most of his goals for Arsenal, especially the 33 goal season, most of his goals were inside the box when he got onto the end of through balls or crosses, he's scored 5 goals for us, 3 of them have been headers!!

shadygiz said:
Mike D said:

do you think sven would be getting any more out of the team than hughes at the mo?

Without shadow of a doubt and despite Benjanigate could you imagine him bringing in clowns like RSC to this club. Sven took the club from the bring to 9th and into Europe on a relative shoe string where as MH took the club backwards on £120mil and 11 new players.

Mike D said:
Dubai Blue said:
I doubt De Niro will appreciate being thrown into that particular group!!

Definatly and De Niro has been qouted as saying the Hughes is the best manager since Joe Royle something I'm planning having printed on T shirt and presented to him at the next bluemoon shindig when Hughes finally does get the boot

you're not coming...........no rags allowed:)

i said he was the best manager since joe mercer and i stand by that.

de niro said:
Mike D said:
Definatly and De Niro has been qouted as saying the Hughes is the best manager since Joe Royle something I'm planning having printed on T shirt and presented to him at the next bluemoon shindig when Hughes finally does get the boot

you're not coming...........no rags allowed:)

i said he was the best manager since joe mercer and i stand by that.

It will be on a rag shirt XXL I hope its to your liking

shadygiz said:
pardoe said:

agree with that mate

But what constitutes the 'next level'?

I honestly believe there are very few premiership managers that could not get us to top 5/6/7 with the resources that have been bestowed upon City.

Top 4, he hasnt got the nous for it imo.

I'm not arsed who wants him in or out, as long as we get behind the team. My worry is that in our really big games to come this season, the minute things start to go against us, sections of the crowd will turn on Hughes - not what the team will need. Save it for on here.

In the long run I've just got a feeling it's us that will determine our success to some extent. A test, similar to the one the scum fans failed when they were all calling for baconface to be sacked over 20 years ago. Just as well for them, not for us, their board kept faith.

Maybe this is our test or maybe it's to come, but it will come coz the chances of any manager leading us to immediate success after 30 odd years of misery, without a lot of ups and downs on the way is remote. If we panic every time there is a 'down' it will always be one step forward, 2 steps back.

And anyway, none of those 'downs' will be as bad as watching my City playing at Bury, Stockport, Crewe and Wrexham in league games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.