in the defence of the hughes outers

shadygiz said:
Challenger1978 said:
What happens if in 12 months time the Sheik starts to think we are a bottomless pit and doesn't want to continue such a high level of investment.

he hasnt bought the club just for the football as strange as it may sound imo....he has bought the club as a long term investment with real estate attached

true, he is a business man, but then surely why buy into something and then not see it through to completion

again true there is an initial high level of investment as with any company thats been run down on its arse....but the follow on investment towards the football team will be more of a tickover....you dont think he will spend another £200mill in summer do you

No I'm not expecting that, its just if you think about it the Sheik has spent the best part of half a billion buying the club, clearing the debts, and buying us players. At some point the investment got to stop even for such an incredibly rich man such as the Sheik.

Also to be honest with you IMO unless we manage to become a top club we are going to need the sheiks money in a big way just to pay the wages. So what happens in a couple of years time if we are not a top club and the team still needs further strengthening to turn us into one. You couldn't blame the Sheik after spending the best part of a billion pound (if you count player wages) for possibly saying enough is enough, you'll have to do with mid table and sell sufficiency.

Challenger1978 said:
To all the Pro Hughes people can i just respectfully ask you one question. Considering the top 4 are 4 of the best clubs in the world (look at the CL finalist every year). A position City wants to be in, in the future. Can you ever see any top club in the world appointing Mark Hughes as manager ?.

List of G14 + Chelsea (i know that's only Europe).

Ajax,
Arsenal,
Barcelona,
Bayer Leverkusen,
Bayer Munich,
Chelsea,
Borussia Dortmund,
Inter Milan,
Juventus,
Liverpool,
Lyon,
RAGS,
Marseille,
AC Milan,
Paris ST Germain,
Porto,
PSV Eindhoven,
Real Madrid,
Valencia,

Actually hypothetically speaking if Mark Hughes didn't have a job now do you think any of those clubs listed above if they needed a manager would approach Mark Hughes to manage there teams ?.
Biased question.

British managers are not in a huge demand outside the UK borders (within not that much also)

In the list you provided, top four clubs should be removed as they wont drop their current manager.

For the rest, many of these clubs cant afford paying a salary the caliber Mark Hugues demands.

There are also other factors excluding Hugues ( like Barcelona, Ajax would prefer managers whose type of play is compatible with their resilient football culture, if possible a former player coming from their training ranks)

The only club I see that would be interested in studying a Hugues candidacy based on his proficiency is PSV.

All the others have reasons other than proficiency to rule out a Hugues application.

Jack74 said:
De Niro its Leighton mate here hope you and your family are well, on the subject ov him me and I would say 25% of City follows will not accept him due to fact that played and Loved for playing for them lot , no matter what he does nothing will be good enough, am sure you where at the swamp on the 10th November 1994 when we got battered and who was last off the pitch kissing his badge him , when they beat us 1-0 Hendry og not ryan scored, what did are manager do run towards us lot kissing is fuckin badge , how some people have short memories on here , do you really think he would have done the same if them lot had played Luton , Wimbledon etc...

Add to this the fact that he played for them twice and was an integral in them havin near enough complete dominance of the prem league when he played it will not wash with me and I hope with many others blues

HUGHES OUT

MCFC OK

fantastic to hear from you, i value and respect your view.
now fuck off back to oblivion:)

ring me when you can.

ps, will get to see you asap, i owe you a good trip.

Mike D said:
Sven took the club from the bring to 9th and into Europe on a relative shoe string where as MH took the club backwards on £120mil and 11 new players.
You're winding us up, surely?

Didn't we qualify for Europe through the Fair Play League?

Sven spent just under £50m in 11 months, didn't he?

agree why do we have 2 go 1 down b4 we start playin + why cant we keep the ball on the floor where we can rip anyone apart + why cant we c a game out when we have worked hard 2 get in a winning position we could have been right at the top

Mike D said:
shadygiz said:
do you think sven would be getting any more out of the team than hughes at the mo?

Without shadow of a doubt and despite Benjanigate could you imagine him bringing in clowns like RSC to this club. Sven took the club from the bring to 9th and into Europe on a relative shoe string where as MH took the club backwards on £120mil and 11 new players.
always good for a laugh
into europe!!!!!!!!!!
yes because we played like a bunch of claudes and got in through the back door
Benjani, castillo (would have been better with abbott), garrido, bianchi
all top top top performers
if you haven't got a ticket for peter kay don't worry, see mike d at a comedy store near you

pardoe said:
Mike D said:
Sven took the club from the bring to 9th and into Europe on a relative shoe string where as MH took the club backwards on £120mil and 11 new players.
You're winding us up, surely?

Didn't we qualify for Europe through the Fair Play League?

Sven spent just under £50m in 11 months, didn't he?

MH spent £120 mil on top of that same bunch of player that achieved more

squirtyflower said:
Mike D said:
Without shadow of a doubt and despite Benjanigate could you imagine him bringing in clowns like RSC to this club. Sven took the club from the bring to 9th and into Europe on a relative shoe string where as MH took the club backwards on £120mil and 11 new players.
always good for a laugh
into europe!!!!!!!!!!
yes because we played like a bunch of claudes and got in through the back door
Benjani, castillo (would have been better with abbott), garrido, bianchi
all top top top performers
if you haven't got a ticket for peter kay don't worry, see mike d at a comedy store near you

Do you think the reason why one signed Benjani, Castillo and Benjani and the other Robinho, Adebayor and Tevez is because one is better than the other? Give over, it's all down to money. If Sven had had the money Hughes has had he would of bought the players Hughes have, if Hughes had had the money Sven had he would of bought the players Sven had. The only difference is that Sven would have better results with the players we have now and Hughes would have better results with the players Sven had.

One's a top class manager who has achieved things in his career, the other is a young manager who nearly got Wales to Euro 2004.

Mike D said:
MH spent £120 mil on top of that same bunch of player that achieved more
Internet trolls, aren't they great!

How did they achieve more? You can discount qualifying for the UEFA Cup via the fair play league. Sven's team finished a place above Hughes' during his first year. Worth getting your knickers in a twist over? Not really.

The money Sven spent doesn't mean a jot in relation to Hughes' time at the club. Most of them have been moved on or don't play week in, week out. You're clutching at straws, son.

No point whatsoever.

I asked this earlier and it went by unanswered. What is the clubs target for this season because the management have said top 6 whilst the players seemingly think its top 4. Adebayor clearly said in his interview before the Liverpool game on sky that the target for City is top 4 this season.

Now what happens if we fail to clinch a top 4 spot this year, will Robinho remain a City player for a third season presuming he does'nt leave in January meaning that at the very earliest opportunity he will have of playing in the Champions League will come at the earliest in his fourth season here. Tevez and Adebayor will have to spend two season at the very least out of the Champions League before taking part again if the managements plan is to be believed.

For the life of me I just can't see these types of players hanging around for that long and that is why I think there is a difference of opinion in some of the statements being made. Clearly not everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet. Player pressure if things don't go to their plan may lead to the ultimate decision being made.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.