in the defence of the hughes outers

Not totally on topic, but one thing I can't understand is why he has changed Ade's role in defending corners.

At the start of the season he was winning nearly everything on the near post and making it difficult for the opposition to put effective corners in because they had to be either deep or away from the six yard box in order to get past the big bastard.

Now he seems to have a man to man marking role, and he really cannot do it.

Bewildering.

I believe that things will get better.
We are a new team that at this moment is not quite working together as a unit.
I firmly believe that this is because of the International breaks that have disrupted that bonding. Maybe (only an opinion as like eveyone else no facts to back it up) MH has recognised this and plays a slightly more cautious style at this moment.

Blue Dove said:
"If you have to have a UEFA badge to post for or against Hughes, or indeed comment while at a football match, I'm guessing it would become pretty boring."

I know DLBIA but the Outers really seem to think that by posting complaints AFTER the game their view is based on knowledge rather than "the 9 o'clock shouda's".
We all can look at games and say where we should have done better and where mistakes have occurred. Some Outers come on here AFTER and start going on as though they had the perfect plan for defeating whoever we played and that Hughes is daft for not thinking about it.
I have stated before, I believe I have had as much experience of playing, at a lower level and watching football as the next person but I have opinions not stone wall certaintys.
Thats the brightest thing anyone will ever say on here, none of us can be any better than that(as the tipster in the Simpsons once said "if I'm right 47% of the time I'm wrong 53%").

SalfordCityBlue said:
Not totally on topic, but one thing I can't understand is why he has changed Ade's role in defending corners.

At the start of the season he was winning nearly everything on the near post and making it difficult for the opposition to put effective corners in because they had to be either deep or away from the six yard box in order to get past the big bastard.

Bewildering.

A very good point mate, i remember watching yesterday and thinking the same.

We are a big unit yet we seem unable to defend the ball in the air?

Puzzling to say the least.

blueinsa said:
SalfordCityBlue said:

Bewildering.

I saw this and also listened to Hansen on MOTD talking about De Jong taking the front of the defence of the dead ball.
But look at it this way.
Ade has to mark a threat at the dead ball and individuals are given players to mark depends on size etc.
If Ade had been marking Benayoun and the ball went to Skrtel who was maybe being marked by someone of inferior height/strength, people would have said " why was he picking up Skrtel, Hughes has not got a clue!"

Blue Dove said:
blueinsa said:

I saw this and also listened to Hansen on MOTD talking about De Jong taking the front of the defence of the dead ball.
But look at it this way.
Ade has to mark a threat at the dead ball and individuals are given players to mark depends on size etc.
If Ade had been marking Benayoun and the ball went to Skrtel who was maybe being marked by someone of inferior height/strength, people would have said " why was he picking up Skrtel, Hughes has not got a clue!"

The thing we are saying mate is that at the start of the season it felt like Ade was given a free role at defending corner's and that he mopped up a lot of them with good movement. Now he has been given a man to mark we are struggling a lot more.

Its a difficult one and I do feel a bit for MH and the Taffia and that they are doing there best.

But the question for me is are they good enough to take us forward. I dont think they have the experience as a management team having minimal success (treading water) with Wales and Blkbrn.

They came to us with no real success, no cups, top 4 etc but with potential.

So the question for me is that potential bieng fullfilled or would we be better with the like of a proven Manager (Hiddink et all) or wait and see if they really have the makings of tactical geniuses.

My answer is go with someone who has a proven track record of achieving. A bit heartless and I hope Im wrong.

blueinsa said:
Blue Dove said:
But look at it this way.

The thing we are saying mate is that at the start of the season it felt like Ade was given a free role at defending corner's and that he mopped up a lot of them with good movement. Now he has been given a man to mark we are struggling a lot more.

Yeah I know mate but the problem exists because we have a lack of height in the starting 11.

Tall = Ade, Toure, Lescott, Barry

Small = Zab, Bridge, SWP, Bells, De Beast, Ireland

Liverpool ariel threats = Gerrard, Kyriwhatever, Carragher, Skrtel and Kuyt.

If Ade takes the first line of defence anybody with any sense will launch it over the top of him as they then have a height advantage.

Just an opinion!

Blue Dove said:
blueinsa said:

Yeah I know mate but the problem exists because we have a lack of height in the starting 11.

Tall = Ade, Toure, Lescott, Barry

Small = Zab, Bridge, SWP, Bells, De Beast, Ireland

Liverpool ariel threats = Gerrard, Kyriwhatever, Carragher, Skrtel and Kuyt.

If Ade takes the first line of defence anybody with any sense will launch it over the top of him as they then have a height advantage.

Just an opinion!

Agree mate, all we have is opinions, what is clear though si we struggle very badly indeed with set piece balls into our box, in fact i think we have conceeded more goals this way than any other team in the prem?

I thought Managers were judged on results. If we beat Hull next week at Home a " Banker" if ever there was one it will mean we have gone from August to December without being beaten " FAIR AND SQUARE". We will be in the Top Six with a Game in hand and the strong possibility of a Semi Final appearance in the Carling Cup to follow if we can do the Business against Arsenal.

Therefore according to our owners things are going to plan. Why should we risk that with knee jerk reactions all the time to every little set back?

Managers need Money, Time and Patience. The Sheik has given Hughes the Cash and I really think he will be given the other two resources.

My Conclusion. There is no defence for the Hughes Outers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.