in the defence of the hughes outers

rastus said:
Its a difficult one and I do feel a bit for MH and the Taffia and that they are doing there best.

But the question for me is are they good enough to take us forward. I dont think they have the experience as a management team having minimal success (treading water) with Wales and Blkbrn.

They came to us with no real success, no cups, top 4 etc but with potential.

So the question for me is that potential bieng fullfilled or would we be better with the like of a proven Manager (Hiddink et all) or wait and see if they really have the makings of tactical geniuses.

My answer is go with someone who has a proven track record of achieving. A bit heartless and I hope Im wrong.

It takes 3 yrs to build a team and by that I mean having a squad of players who have gelled and have an knowledge of each others game. MH has built 2 teams from the bottom up and at the moment he is the best man to re-build City from the base up. If 2 yrs from now we haven't progressed then we all would accept him being replaced. I would be willing to bet that the current starting 11 will not be the same 2 yrs from now.

woolleyback blue said:
rastus said:
Its a difficult one and I do feel a bit for MH and the Taffia and that they are doing there best.

But the question for me is are they good enough to take us forward. I dont think they have the experience as a management team having minimal success (treading water) with Wales and Blkbrn.

They came to us with no real success, no cups, top 4 etc but with potential.

So the question for me is that potential bieng fullfilled or would we be better with the like of a proven Manager (Hiddink et all) or wait and see if they really have the makings of tactical geniuses.

My answer is go with someone who has a proven track record of achieving. A bit heartless and I hope Im wrong.

It takes 3 yrs to build a team and by that I mean having a squad of players who have gelled and have an knowledge of each others game. MH has built 2 teams from the bottom up and at the moment he is the best man to re-build City from the base up. If 2 yrs from now we haven't progressed then we all would accept him being replaced. I would be willing to bet that the current starting 11 will not be the same 2 yrs from now.

Not being funny mate but dont you contradict your self here?

You say it takes three years for a team to gel then you go on to say that the team in two years time wont be the same one? By your argument, that team wont have gelled either?

Like i said, not being confrontational, just trying to clarify your point.

Its the snidiness (is that a word?).

"We are disappointed. We have come to Anfield, scored two goals and got a draw. In the past, City teams would have been delighted"

Well yes they would because a) Liverpool teams in the past where a lot better than the wounded beast that was Liverpool yesterday. Their attack was spearheaded by Ngog a player who Pearce would have hesitated to pick b) This was was a City team that previous City managers would have wet dreams of managing. We all slate Peace but he would have been walking round with a stiffy if he had the option of putting strikers worth £40m on the bench let alone the first team.

So why the comment Mark? Is to prove how much better you are than previous City managers because they would have been 'delighted' with a draw whereas a 'real' manager like you was disappointed? Well colour me impressed.

Snide tosser.

No it is not the word.

"We are disappointed. We have come to Anfield, scored two goals and got a draw. In the past, City teams would have been delighted"

It's called the truth.

de niro said:
is it hughes?
is it our expectancy levels have gone up?
is it cos we can get who we like?

Its a combination of two things for me personally the first being it is Hughes. As he's a manager I've always disliked not because he's a rag but because he's massively overrated. I'd go as far to say that he is the only manager that we have appointed in my 30 years of living and i though "fucking hell why we getting this **** in".

In fact it used to annoy me like fuck before he came to city the way he was praised for what he did at Wales. What exactly was that not getting hammered every single game. Then you've got his time at Blackburn a team i hated because they were a bunch of dirty cheating bastards that kept getting away with ripping us and other teams off. Just like Bolton with Big fat sam, another manager i hate and would dread to have at city.

Dubai Blue said:
I think a lot of it is that we've been starved of anything remotely resembling success for so long that the thought of fucking this brilliant opportunity up in true City style is scaring the absolute bejesus out of some City fans.

Now the second reason and the more important reason of why I'd like to see Hughes fucked off is Dubai quote above. As i am genuinely terrified that Hughes is going to fuck this up for us, possibly the only chance we will EVER have of EVER having a great team in my lifetime. Seriously no matter how rich our owners are there's has to be a limit on there spending. From what i can tell though Hughes is pissing away loads of money.

Look at Lesscot the guy is not worth £25 mill, he might be a good player for us and an improvement on what we had eventually. Unless though he's a massive jump in quality over what he we already had he just does not justify the £25 mill price tag.

Then you've got Roque Santa Cruz, for christ sakes Hughes only spent around £3.5 mill getting him to Blackburn from Bayern Munich. Hughes thinks it right though to spend £17.5 million on the same player 2 years latter, a injured 28 year old player plagued by bad injuries his entire career.

Then theres the Tevez deal and if the figure of £47 mill is true. Mark hughes wants to be taken out into the desert of Abu Dahbi and introduced to the sheiks brother. So he can ram a cattle prod up his arse and beat the shit out of him with a plank with nails in it. For the love of god he might be a good player, a striker though that only has a goal average of less than 1 in 3 near enough his entire career just aint worth that kind of money. FFS he's lived in England for 3 years and the guy can't speak any English. Whats he going to do use sign language to communicate with his team mates on the pitch FFS. Come on thats got to drop the value on his price tag a bit.

Getting back to my original point anyway, i am terrified Hughes is going to blow all this money and the sheik is going to go right that's it I'm not putting any more money into city as its turning into a bottomless pit (i wouldn't blame him either). Then we will be stuck with Hughes a manager that i honestly don't think has the quality to take us right to the top and a team of massively overpriced players. That we can't get rid of without taking massive losses on them (even less value for all the investment into us).

Think about it just by wanting to break into the top 4 we're aiming at creating one of the best teams in the world. Does anyone anywhere think hughes is one of the best managers in the world and could be running the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Ac milan etc. ? . I sure as hell don't as i though he was a massively overrated manager even before he came to us or was even linked to us.

BobKowalski said:
Its the snidiness (is that a word?).

Well yes they would because a) Liverpool teams in the past where a lot better than the wounded beast that was Liverpool yesterday. Their attack was spearheaded by Ngog a player who Pearce would have hesitated to pick b) This was was a City team that previous City managers would have wet dreams of managing. We all slate Peace but he would have been walking round with a stiffy if he had the option of putting strikers worth £40m on the bench let alone the first team.

So why the comment Mark? Is to prove how much better you are than previous City managers because they would have been 'delighted' with a draw whereas a 'real' manager like you was disappointed? Well colour me impressed.

Snide tosser.

I agree with that, that was snide.
No other team in 30 years has had the potential qualities of this team.
He has spent £200M.
This Liverpool team is the worst I have seen in 40 years.

I am not saying it was easy to go there and win, but the team should have been set-up to win the game and it wasn't.
Only when Tevez came on did Ade come into the game.

It's quite a simple one for me... I just don't think he's a good manager & I don't like the style of football his teams play.

I thought this previously when he was at Blackburn, where incidentally his record was not quite as good as Souness (& who would want that twat in charge?), and I haven't seen that much to change my opinion on him since he's been at City.

The truth of the matter is that, apart from a handful of zealots on either side of this debate, there's a lot less between your average 'Hughes Outer' and your average 'Hughes Inner', than the endless pointless bickering would suggest. I wouldn't mind guessing that deep down most Hughes Inners would admit to harbouring some doubts about whether Hughes is the right man, and most Hughes Outers would admit to the possibilty that Hughes will come good given time. Whilst not wanting to shut down debate, because this is the right place for people to let off steam about all things City, he's going nowhere 'til the end of the season, so we might as well get behind the guy and keep our fingers crossed that he will prove his doubters wrong.

From what i saw yesterday he is the wrong man for the job.I bet you would have been happy with a point before kickoff but they way Liverpool played was 3 points dropped in my opinon :( why did he not go after them from the 1st minute rather than let an unconfident team feel there way into the game :(City proved after Liverpool went a goal up that they where more than a match for the.To much hoof ball for me hopefully he will prove me wrong and win that Trophy you desire but sadly cannot see him cutting it on the grand stage when you get there.

Hiddink would get him in now

de niro said:
just had a pm and it something i agree with.

the overiding thing about mark hughes is that he has split the fans, for, against or whatever that is'nt a healthy thing. i have never known a manager have such a divide, at city or anywhere else. i'm not going in to rights and wrongs, tactics and formations just the very wide split of a bunch of fans that have stuck together through the thick and the thinnest for years.

is it hughes?
is it our expectancy levels have gone up?
is it cos we can get who we like?

when stuart pearce was in charge we would have given our right arm for hughes, why not now?

expectency levels have gone way too high

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.