Individual Match Tickets - 2024/25

So why has ticketing, in particular, rocketed in price so much?
Supply and demand, English football has rarely been so popular both in terms of attendances and TV viewers as in the last decade or so - since the Aguerooooo moment, ironically, given the current hate campaign against us.

Season tickets make up a much higher proportion of attendances than they used to pre-1992 at most clubs so there are fewer matchday tickets available.

I do think Value Gold are excellently priced, as are those at the back of SSL3. However, the main issue with those kind of tickets at City is that there aren’t many of them.

Bayern have SIXTEEN THOUSAND season tickets at €250. I doubt we have sixteen hundred of the cheaper end ones.
Bundesliga probably isn’t the best analogy due to the 50%+1 rule.
Fans have far greater influence there when it comes to big decisions that clubs make so it’s in the clubs’ interests to keep the fans as onside as possible.

I do think Value Gold are excellently priced, as are those at the back of SSL3. However, the main issue with those kind of tickets at City is that there aren’t many of them.

Bayern have SIXTEEN THOUSAND season tickets at €250. I doubt we have sixteen hundred of the cheaper end ones.

I don’t think the amount of Value tickets they’re prepared to release is a problem at all. I’ve not heard of anybody for years, who qualified for one and was knocked back.

All evidence suggests that they are happy to supply the full demand.

That’s not to say if 16,000 suddenly applied one year, that would still be the case. But they never get anything like that amount of interest.

I'd be the first to complain about pricing, but for the lower tier games, if you're not chasing the glamour, there's some reasonable value. Some Ipswich tickets came available on the official site on Thursday, I could get 3 together for me and my 2 U18 lads for £88 in total, after £5 membership discount each. That's pretty good in fairness, though the seats are up in the top of 3rd tier. For the attractive games they'llnot be selling those at that price. It feels like local genuine fans are being left to fill the ground for the lesser fixtures, but influencers, youtubers, half and halfers, tick-tockers, vloggers, bloggers, well healed opposition fans and wankers are more welcome than us at the United, Liverpool and Arsenal games and the UCL QF and Semi Final.

That's the way it feels anyway, none of the above were scrambling for Brentford at home tickets last February mid-week. But we'll see them at the big games.

Last edited:
Got talking to a bloke in the pub last night in Middleton

A Carlisle fan but his wife and 2 kids are City. His eldest is 16

He was telling me they all have citizen membership yet when he went to get tickets for the 4 of them for a home game as they went on sale it was impossible

I have not bothered for years trying for home games as I have a season ticket so it came as a surprise to me.

He was saying it’s a nightmare getting them even if he wanted say 2.

So me being a good guy, I offered him West Ham away with travel as that is easier but he was worried his lad might get dragged into boozed up shenanigans, which is true. Our bus is full of piss heads
Tell him to get on the website as soon as possible, rows and rows of tickets have appeared for the Ipswich game, he’ll easily get two together. Presumably they’re tickets help back for off site hospitality that haven’t sold, or returns from an agency.

Tell him to get on the website as soon as possible, rows and rows of tickets have appeared for the Ipswich game, he’ll easily get two together. Presumably they’re tickets help back for off site hospitality that haven’t sold, or returns from an agency.
Many season ticket holders selling their seats back to club for this game

This drives me nuts, as someone who needs to book flights and plan in advance, the games like Ipswich all seem practically sold out, you can't get say 4 together for a family.
But a few days before the game, multiple rows of seats appear. They are not ticket exchange, as season tickets returns are not in blocks like that. They're obviously agency or hospitality returns, but people need to make plans in advance. Massive demand, and we'll have empty seats, because instead of releasing to fans at FV, they try to squeeze the last £ out of them, and only dump back on the planner at short notice

These are entire rows that have come up, they’re not ticket exchange, they’re clearly either agency returns or unsold hospitality, it’s piss poor from the club once again.
Cue the empty seats jibe once again

These are entire rows that have come up, they’re not ticket exchange, they’re clearly either agency returns or unsold hospitality, it’s piss poor from the club once again.
Your right.
It was sold out not long ago.
69 available tickets in one block and 39 tickets in another. Both blocks on level 3 so it’s bound to be the Vermilion off-site hospitality where the club wanted £400.00 + per ticket

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.