Inflation - when is this going to end?

This is the scary part, they do know. The fuel companies are making billions as people suffer and prices rise making them even more profit. So why are people supposedly with their people's best interests at heart not doing something about it?
Unlike some other Govs the UK prefers to get its windfall vat from fuel etc rather than reduce the vat percentage to adjust the windfall back to its budget estimate.
The Gov is part of the problem causing inflation.

said to the Mrs last night we would be better off claiming universal credit and sitting on our backsides, we both work hard but its not enough, im mortgage clear in a few months thank god so should get through but i feel so sorry for the young ones just getting on the ladder
Yep agree with this, getting to a stage where being on benefits may be better than working.
I've worked all my life, doing 2 jobs more or less but it's getting to a stage where I am thinking is it worth it anymore?

Yep agree with this, getting to a stage where being on benefits may be better than working.
I've worked all my life, doing 2 jobs more or less but it's getting to a stage where I am thinking is it worth it anymore?

Do it then cricket and show us how easy it is as you will be in a for fucking shock.

I'm around 50% down from pre covid, absolute shit show from the government and Bank of England, hike the mortgage to ridiculous levels to curb spending ? The vast majority have NO money ??
Agreed.
I totally get curbing inflation by raising loan rates. However this only works when people are spending lots of disposable income.
The factors causing this crisis are way outside Joe Publics control.

I'm around 50% down from pre covid, absolute shit show from the government and Bank of England, hike the mortgage to ridiculous levels to curb spending ? The vast majority have NO money ??
Ive not even worked it out what im down being honest. Mrs takes care of bills and shes said last night that we need to re-work out what we both put in the pot.

We both work hard but i feel our existence is going to be pretty bland in the future

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.