Inflation - when is this going to end?

Agree. It's families with kids I feel for. As a family we have above average income but it's all bills and food now. The heating is down. The number of families who will be underwater each month just trying to pay bills and put food on the table is frightening.

It just doesn't equate does it? If you're earnings are £1,200 a month and you're outgoings exceed that on things you cannot cut back on what then? Homeless? Starve? Freeze? Food banks I don't think you can access if you're not on benefits so where is the help, the safety net?

It just doesn't equate does it? If you're earnings are £1,200 a month and you're outgoings exceed that on things you cannot cut back on what then? Homeless? Starve? Freeze? Food banks I don't think you can access if you're not on benefits so where is the help, the safety net?
I have heard stories of nurses using food banks (not sure how true they are though), so assume you don't have to be on benefits.

The people who moan about how easy it is to live on benefits have never had to do so.

Just checked an for a couple age 60 both giving up their jobs and having a mortgage of say £600 a month.

They will get £626 a month between them and that includes council tax support. Good luck going from earning 2 wages to living off that.

Just checked an for a couple age 60 both giving up their jobs and having a mortgage of say £600 a month.

They will get £626 a month between them and that includes council tax support. Good luck going from earning 2 wages to living off that.
Not only that, it’ll take 10 weeks or so to set up, so you’ll have to live off far less than that whilst your claim is processed. Any money that you need during the time it takes to have your claim assessed will be deducted from that £626 per month too.

Not only that, it’ll take 10 weeks or so to set up, so you’ll have to live off far less than that whilst your claim is processed. Any money that you need during the time it takes to have your claim assessed will be deducted from that £626 per month too.
The rosy world of living on benefits is an invention of the right wing press and politicians.

Council Tax support is paid it is a reduction to the bill. They would struggle to get anything for while if they gave up their jobs.

The SMI qualification period was reduced to 13 weeks in the budget, and that is for the mortgage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.