Inflation - when is this going to end?

I lived through the 3 day week and power cuts. Just keep an eye on your expenditure, shop around for bargains, turn the heat down a couple of degrees and you will all be fine.
Not sure living through the 70s qualifies you as an expert on how to live through these next few years.

Heating/eating is going to be a huge choice for a lot of people both young and old.

Agreed these are totally different times, much more challenging and frightening.
I wasn’t trying to belittle the issues that obviously made life hard back then, it’s just different to what is happening now,

People have lived on cheap credit for decades. That’s stopping now and people aren’t going to be able to manage.

Hoe do you stop runaway inflation without crippling people near their credit limits?

What needs to happen for the political hot potato to be dealt with?

I wasn’t trying to belittle the issues that obviously made life hard back then, it’s just different to what is happening now,

People have lived on cheap credit for decades. That’s stopping now and people aren’t going to be able to manage.

Hoe do you stop runaway inflation without crippling people near their credit limits?

What needs to happen for the political hot potato to be dealt with?

I lived through the seventies and the power cuts and three day weeks myself. This is the worst I've known for food costs and heating.

The interest rate rises shouldn't be put on mortgages and rent as people have no choice but to pay those. Thousands becoming homeless will cost the government more, that's if they can find somewhere to house them.

I lived through the seventies and the power cuts and three day weeks myself. This is the worst I've known for food costs and heating.

The interest rate rises shouldn't be put on mortgages and rent as people have no choice but to pay those. Thousands becoming homeless will cost the government more, that's if they can find somewhere to house them.
They manage to find places for those dinghy people who cross the channel.

Well, as somebody whose a Self employed business owner, you can exclude me from your count. People need to be honest enough to accept that Brexit has been an economic disaster, however well intentioned their vote. We need to crack on with more sustainable energy and food supplies now.
Me too hence the late reply, I'll have tea then settle down to a nights paperwork followed by most of the weekend. We count ourselves fortunate that turnovers trebled in last two years and all the lads who are prepared to work are taking home great wages,lots aren't as fortunate and there's going to be tough times ahead but don't anyone kid themselves it's all down to leaving the EU there's 8 billion mouths to feed now on planet Earth life won't get easier for many. PS were fitting "sustainable" energy as quick as we can.

Me too hence the late reply, I'll have tea then settle down to a nights paperwork followed by most of the weekend. We count ourselves fortunate that turnovers trebled in last two years and all the lads who are prepared to work are taking home great wages,lots aren't as fortunate and there's going to be tough times ahead but don't anyone kid themselves it's all down to leaving the EU there's 8 billion mouths to feed now on planet Earth life won't get easier for many. PS were fitting "sustainable" energy as quick as we can.
Thanks. Like virtually problem in life, there are usually a range of factors involved. It’s not all Brexit, just like it’s not all down to dinghies full of Albanians.

My other partial solutions / mitigation include putting a tracksuit top on when feeling cold and those with spare time helping with voluntary groups eg gardening harvests are usually shared. These alone don’t change the world of course.

I don't know the answer to this but it would be a great trick if you could increase interest rates but not on mortgages not sure how that would work to be honest, it was fairly certain that next to nothing credit wouldn't go on forever once again I think the greed of banks or the very rich will land a lot in the shit, I truly hope I'm wrong.

I don't know the answer to this but it would be a great trick if you could increase interest rates but not on mortgages not sure how that would work to be honest, it was fairly certain that next to nothing credit wouldn't go on forever once again I think the greed of banks or the very rich will land a lot in the shit, I truly hope I'm wrong.
Whilst cheap credit was never going to last forever, no one could have foreseen how quickly it’s spiralled.

The JAMs are going to be decimated unless something extraordinary happens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.