Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eccles Blue said:
erast fandorin said:
Fuck knows how some of you cope with day to day life and the shit it regularly throws up

Oh you are soooooooooo right. I do worry for some Bluemoaners and the Drama they bring to an injury to a player........ selll him, get rid, he was terrible anyway etc. etc.

One player does not a team make!!! 7-0, 5-2 etc. Bring them on......................... City will cope because???????????????????
THE BOYS IN BLUE NEVER GIVE IN, THEY FIGHT TO THE END!!
We'll see over the next few weeks how we get on without him. One player doesn't make a team, but Silva is the closest we've got to irreplaceable.
Not read all the posts but I'm sure nobody is saying we should sell him or that he's terrible.
The boys in blue didn't fight to the end last season, not by a long chalk..

Pablo1 said:
Eccles Blue said:
erast fandorin said:
Fuck knows how some of you cope with day to day life and the shit it regularly throws up

Oh you are soooooooooo right. I do worry for some Bluemoaners and the Drama they bring to an injury to a player........ selll him, get rid, he was terrible anyway etc. etc.

One player does not a team make!!! 7-0, 5-2 etc. Bring them on......................... City will cope because???????????????????
We'll see over the next few weeks how we get on without him. One player doesn't make a team, but Silva is the closest we've got to irreplaceable.
Not read all the posts but I'm sure nobody is saying we should sell him or that he's terrible.

But, but, but......... last week (or maybe the week before) they (Bluemoaners) were saying that we couldn't manage without Kompany, but we have managed so that is why I am so miffed and cynical about some posters on here. :-)

Ducado said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Beginning to think some players like the idea of being on the sick.

No need to attend international get togethers or long hauls to the North East.

Incidentally, did anyone else notice Pellegrini try to tell us than VK's initial assessment was 5 weeks and he's only 3 weeks in with 2 weeks to go!

WTF! Kompany was injured against Everton; exactly 5 weeks ago tomorrow!

Whatever happened to playing with a niggle or toughing it out? And before anyone tries to come and tell me different, let me tell you this; In 1977-78 Forest won the League and only 14 different players made an appearance during that whole 42 game season that was played on crap pitches against opposition that were trying to break your legs!

In short, today's players are mentally weak and almost programmed into thinking that every time they have the slightest ache they are seriously injured by physios, who almost appear to be generating their own reason for being!

Are you being serious? Because if you are that has got to be one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever read on here

Deadly serious, and it's no surprise to see that already we have people trying to undermine what is clearly the case with nothing more than a McEnroesc 'You cannot be serious'

Anyone who can attempt to argue against the fact that footballers today are medically molly-coddled is having a laugh and it is you that cannot be taken serious.

We have gone from a game that saw a player continuing to play with a broken neck to a game
that sees players declared as having gastroenteritis if they so much as break wind!

Remember this, an empty treatment room might be an idealistic objective, however longterm for a physio's continued employment it is not really in his interest to achieve it.

Almost like asking Turkeys to vote for Xmas I suggest.

Eccles Blue said:
Pablo1 said:
Eccles Blue said:

But, but, but......... last week (or maybe the week before) they (Bluemoaners) were saying that we couldn't manage without Kompany, but we have managed so that is why I am so miffed and cynical about some posters on here. :-)
In fairness it's only been the exceptional form of Silva and co that has meant we haven't missed Kompany as much as we normally do. Personally I've been having kittens everytime the ball comes into our final third! :-)

we didn't do bad without Silva against United. Not sure on other injuries, but just bring in Milner, Navas or Rodwell to compensate for midfield injuries.

MaineRoadBlue said:
Ducado said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

Incidentally, did anyone else notice Pellegrini try to tell us than VK's initial assessment was 5 weeks and he's only 3 weeks in with 2 weeks to go!

Whatever happened to playing with a niggle or toughing it out? And before anyone tries to come and tell me different, let me tell you this; In 1977-78 Forest won the League and only 14 different players made an appearance during that whole 42 game season that was played on crap pitches against opposition that were trying to break your legs!

In short, today's players are mentally weak and almost programmed into thinking that every time they have the slightest ache they are seriously injured by physios, who almost appear to be generating their own reason for being!

Are you being serious? Because if you are that has got to be one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever read on here

Deadly serious, and it's no surprise to see that already we have people trying to undermine what is clearly the case with nothing more than a McEnroesc 'You cannot be serious'

Anyone who can attempt to argue against the fact that footballers today are medically molly-coddled is having a laugh and it is you that cannot be taken serious.

We have gone from a game that saw a player continuing to play with a broken neck to a game
that sees players declared as having gastroenteritis if they so much as break wind!

Remember this, an empty treatment room might be an idealistic objective, however longterm for a physio's continued employment it is not really in his interest to achieve it.

The amount of money these players cost now compared to then is the answer as to why players aren't rushed back or just playing with nagging injuries that could hurt you in the long run. These football clubs are still a business and they must protect their assets until they see fit to get rid of them.

MaineRoadBlue said:
Ducado said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

Or alternatively, it could just be that modern day footballers are far fitter than their counterparts of yesteryear, with muscles frequently tuned tighter than piano wire, so that they can perform at levels only dreamed of in the 70's. There might have been the odd super fit Colin Bell to buck the trend, but by and large those old players wouldn't have had a hope in hell of playing the modern game without a serious upgrade in conditioning. Plus today it is not unheard of for a player at a top chimps league club to play 50 to 60 games a season, plus the proliferation of international friendlies. Oh, and then there's the fact they cost millions of pounds and clubs are obviously inclined to take no chances with such valuable assets, and particularly with such prize money at stake

MaineRoadBlue said:

so you are saying that David Silva is skiving, is feigning an injury, and should be playing? You are basically calling him a liar and someone who is unwilling to play for his club? What complete and utter garbage

Pablo1 said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
erast fandorin said:
Well said mate.
Why is it well said? Or to be clearer, who is that even aimed at? I imagine some people cope with the day to day shit that life throws up by taking their minds off it at a weekend watching football. If that's the case then surely it isn't a stretch to see that us losing a vital player at a time when we're already without our captain will worry some fans?
Seeing as this is a City forum it shouldn't be too surprising that people will discuss an injury and it's potential effects on the season.
There's always the cellar for those who want to get into real life issues..
Well I won't try to speak for erast fandorin when I answer to whom it was aimed at, but to my mind it is aimed at those who follow a football club who regularly seem incapable of accepting the realities that are associated with that.

One of those realities is that football is a physical, contact sport and players, even key ones unfortunately, get injured. It is part of the landscape. It always has been and always will be. There are some posters on this thread who appear surprised at this turn of events. Not unlike shoppers who seem unaware of the expectation that they will have to pay for their wares at the supermarket, who seem taken aback when asked for money at the checkout, upon which they seem to spend five minutes looking for their wallet in their bag.

As you say, football (like life) throws difficulties our way with some degree of regularity. Some people seem ill-quipped to cope with that. That is not just based on this thread and I would be astonished if, upon reflection (and reading the matchday thread, for example) you arrived at a different conclusion.

Hope that helps :-)

the prolific use of cortisone injections enabled players to turn out when they could barely walk without them. Classic short-term gain resulting in curtailed careers and old players in wheelchair
In the true spirit of Bluemoon, everyone is allowed to express an opinion without being ridiculed, and if you disagree , say why. However, accusing VK and Silva of lacking in moral fibre ........ is bound to cause a bit of a fuss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.