Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gives others a chance to shine

Nasri us doing well clearly would always prefer him to be available but shit happens our squad needs to be able to cope

Exeter Blue I am here said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Ducado said:
Are you being serious? Because if you are that has got to be one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever read on here

Deadly serious, and it's no surprise to see that already we have people trying to undermine what is clearly the case with nothing more than a McEnroesc 'You cannot be serious'

Anyone who can attempt to argue against the fact that footballers today are medically molly-coddled is having a laugh and it is you that cannot be taken serious.

We have gone from a game that saw a player continuing to play with a broken neck to a game
that sees players declared as having gastroenteritis if they so much as break wind!

Remember this, an empty treatment room might be an idealistic objective, however longterm for a physio's continued employment it is not really in his interest to achieve it.

Almost like asking Turkeys to vote for Xmas I suggest.

Or alternatively, it could just be that modern day footballers are far fitter than their counterparts of yesteryear, with muscles frequently tuned tighter than piano wire, so that they can perform at levels only dreamed of in the 70's. There might have been the odd super fit Colin Bell to buck the trend, but by and large those old players wouldn't have had a hope in hell of playing the modern game without a serious upgrade in conditioning. Plus today it is not unheard of for a player at a top chimps league club to play 50 to 60 games a season, plus the proliferation of international friendlies. Oh, and then there's the fact they cost millions of pounds and clubs are obviously inclined to take no chances with such valuable assets, and particularly with such prize money at stake

Noble of you to respond with such a well reasoned and accurate post.

Update: Lost at Sunderland.

Once again it's plain to see that without Silva pulling the strings, City are pretty useless.(away from home)

Silva is a rock star no question, but it's more the aggregation of injuries that has taken its toll. Today we were lame going forward, but otherwise we have been scoring freely with and without Silva. He didn't play against Plzen and we won 3-0. Personally I think Kompany is a bigger miss.

I can't see it anywhere else, so can anyone please update me on where we stand with our injuries, particularly Kompany and Silva? I was told at the ground that Vinny returns to training this week, but there are mixed messages. It all seems vey quiet on Silva.

If we can get these two back for the big run of games in December I'll be delighted.

Both were back in (light)training last week, but I think the next away game will be the first we'll see of them, as nasri/navas is working well, demichelis/lescott need game time and with nasty getting injured on sunday, we cannot afford to risk Vinnie imo. As long as they're fit for the Bayern game tbh I don't really see the need to worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.