Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
FantasyIreland said:
The central defender injury issues are the main contributor to our inconsistency/form and maybe even a factor in Harts problems IMO.Many would like to attribute it to Pellegrini's management ability but I believe,had we managed something near stability in the back 5,we would be top of the league.

Great news on Silva and Jovetic,looking forward to seeing this lad as he can be a huge asset.

Very very important few weeks coming up for Lescott. Need to him be showing his best form.

Agree about Jovetic. Again, like with Vinny, I hope it's been a case of the club taking extra time to make sure that he's bang on rather than getting him back as soon as humanly possible.

Maybe a dilemma for player and club now regarding Lescott.
I'm confident he would have moved on in Jan,probably through mutual agreement,however,given injury developments I reckon that's going to change.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Rodwell needs to get fit and get playing soon or his days are numbered here. Kenwright must still be pinching himself with this deal.

Something interesting I picked up from ESPNFC mentioning Ryan Giggs career and playing at a high level for 1 club into his 40s is that earlier on he had dealt with a series of hamstring issues that slowed him down. Anybody here remember those times? Maybe all isn't lost with Rodwell even though teams aren't as patient.

FantasyIreland said:
BillyShears said:
FantasyIreland said:
The central defender injury issues are the main contributor to our inconsistency/form and maybe even a factor in Harts problems IMO.Many would like to attribute it to Pellegrini's management ability but I believe,had we managed something near stability in the back 5,we would be top of the league.

Great news on Silva and Jovetic,looking forward to seeing this lad as he can be a huge asset.

Very very important few weeks coming up for Lescott. Need to him be showing his best form.

Agree about Jovetic. Again, like with Vinny, I hope it's been a case of the club taking extra time to make sure that he's bang on rather than getting him back as soon as humanly possible.

Maybe a dilemma for player and club now regarding Lescott.
I'm confident he would have moved on in Jan,probably through mutual agreement,however,given injury developments I reckon that's going to change.

Nah, he was never going to get let go in January unless we signed AN Other centre half. I suspect that will remain the case now. If we go big for a defender JL is the obvious one to go. Otherwise he'll stay.

MillionDollarDream said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Rodwell needs to get fit and get playing soon or his days are numbered here. Kenwright must still be pinching himself with this deal.

Something interesting I picked up from ESPNFC mentioning Ryan Giggs career and playing at a high level for 1 club into his 40s is that earlier on he had dealt with a series of hamstring issues that slowed him down. Anybody here remember those times? Maybe all isn't lost with Rodwell even though teams aren't as patient.

If memory serves me correctly (it maybe another player) a lot of the hamstring injuries were attributed to the type of car they were driving. Think Giggs is also a keen advocate of yoga as well.

What is a little perplexing about the Rodwell injury is the fact, prior to his transfer, this problem was well known. I remember sending a text to an Everton fan about signing their best player and his immediate retort was he will never play anyway due to hamstring injuries.

FantasyIreland said:

Great news on Silva and Jovetic,looking forward to seeing this lad as he can be a huge asset.[/quote

I think the criticism of Pellegrinis management ability has related to not getting the best out of the stand in players or alternatively strightjacketing a system of playing when it could be argued we do not have the correct personnel, defensively, to apply it. Lescott for one is being talked about as as a weak link but played in the correct system he is a fantastic defender.

Would we be doing better with Kompany? Of course we would, just as we would have last season when Kompany, Aguero both suffered niggling injuries and other issues. Unfortunately manager are judged are on results, losing players to injury was no excuse for Mancini, not with the squad we had, and should not be for Pellegrini.

BillyShears said:
Nastasic out for another three weeks. Fucking huge blow.

Kompany fit but won't be considered for Sunday,

Silva/Jovetic should be fit for Bayern away.

The run of injuries our central defenders have had is ridiculous.

I will choose to be positive on this matter.

I would say Lescott & Demichellis are more than capable for Swansea and that Vinne will be available for WBA.

Injuries are going to kill us this season, think city have the biggest injuries problems to starting players so far.

looking forward to jovetic joining soon

has had rotten luck like rodwell regarding the injuries

franksinatra said:
Unfortunately manager are judged are on results, losing players to injury was no excuse for Mancini, not with the squad we had, and should not be for Pellegrini.

I agree,however,this is predominantly Mancini's squad,one which he spent a fortune on and yet still has weaknesses in terms of balance and depth of quality.
Given injuries,our current back four is more akin to a mid table side,Pellegrini can only do so much......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.