insane takes on life

Have you ever had anyone have a take on life thats so insane that you genuinely struggle to craft a response, ive just had someone in the office say in all seriousness that they believe that they can say anything they like to anyone they like and if the other person didnt like it then it was a them problem.

I've heard people say Manchester United are a top team.

There are actually humans alive today, in 2024, who genuinely believe - with no sense of irony - that the universe was created by a magical man who loves us but wants us to suffer. They worship this imaginary friend and they believe that when they die, they're not dead and that they will go to him in a special place that we can't see, and they will always be there. They believe that the bad guys go to a special bad place that we can't see, and that they stay there forever.

They also believe in a talking snake, and that a woman was made out of a man's rib, among other unbelievably insane fairy tales.

They actually, literally, genuinely believe this to be true. In 2024.
And some of them believe the earth is just a few thousand years old and that dinosaurs never existed

You've made the assumption that the guy has independent thought software installed.
It's more likely he read it on the Internet.

But ignoring the whole of physics and just taking his example, global warming is an increase. So if what he was saying is correct, we would have shorter days or shorter years ,or both.
whereas the earths rotation is slowing, so we should be cooling down. In a few millennia days will be 24 hours and 1 minute long

Have you ever had anyone have a take on life thats so insane that you genuinely struggle to craft a response, ive just had someone in the office say in all seriousness that they believe that they can say anything they like to anyone they like and if the other person didnt like it then it was a them problem.
Sticks and stones etc. I'm sure that person will learn by trashing a few relationships that sometimes diplomacy is best. Meanwhile you need to toughen the fuck up. Not sure how old you are, but if you think you are going to spend your time on this planet only coming across people who share your values then I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed (no offence)

Sticks and stones etc. I'm sure that person will learn by trashing a few relationships that sometimes diplomacy is best. Meanwhile you need to toughen the fuck up. Not sure how old you are, but if you think you are going to spend your time on this planet only coming across people who share your values then I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed (no offence)
Im plenty tough mate im 44 and it didnt bother me one bit and im quite happy to discuss different takes and values with anybody anywhere check my post history on here, it was more that i couldnt make the mental jump of how anyone believed that only how they felt about something was relevant and other people dont matter and that what i was getting at with the original post was about.

Im plenty tough mate im 44 and it didnt bother me one bit and im quite happy to discuss different takes and values with anybody anywhere check my post history on here, it was more that i couldnt make the mental jump of how anyone believed that only how they felt about something was relevant and other people dont matter and that what i was getting at with the original post was about.
In that case they are either immature, thick, or a sociopath.

Pfft. If I wave my hand about in the air, does it get coooler, or warmer? Obvious.

ehhh.... hang on a minute... the longer I do this, it's obvious my arm is getting warmer!

In fact it's very warm even when I stop!

I think your dude may be onto something.

So does that mean that global warming is due to more people waving these days???! OMG!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.