Insomnia

A long night again with restless leg driving me mad.
Get some high dose magnesium (biocare) take 3 times a day and 2 before bed,it'll need a few weeks to build up but then works really well for restless legs,i swear by it and have done for yrs,if you call biocare asked to speak to the lab person and tell them what you need and they will advise

I normally only kip 5 hours a day but that's just my body clock. I love the fact I can fall asleep in less than a minute. When I done a few rounds of prednisone I couldn't sleep or fall asleep at nights it was horrible. It must be shite to have insomnia I don't even know if a brandy and melatonin would help at all

@oakiecokie does and i get it to but it suits me as i am working on computer stuff so i keep working until i feel myself flagging. I find a keen focus helps, a mathematical issue or for me usually 'error on lines 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,' and so on in that demoralizing fashion :-D or my personal fav 'unknown error' when making tools. It gives me a focus that is all consuming so insomnia can swing at that time.

I'm up by 5 30 most days! Avoid caffeine after 6. Go cycling to de-stress. If I wake up, I stare at the ceiling with eyes half closed. Sometimes go on my phone for up to an hour. Waking up in middle of the night is no fun.

I can get off to sleep really quickly, always have been able to. It's this waking up in the middle of the night and then not being able to get back to sleep again that's pissing me off. Incidentally, I know that waking at 5h30 doesn't in itself count as insomnia. I could have done without it, though. Thinking back, I think I was probably too excited about getting down to my first home match of the season (well worth it, that was pure sex for about half an hour yesterday ;-) )
I usually lie around for about half an hour getting progressively more bored, and dwelling on problems (real or imaginary, difficult to draw the line at night, for some reason). Then I get up, brew myself a cup of tea, and read for about an hour or so. If it's still as early as 4h30 or fiveish, I can usually get off to sleep again. So it's not a serious problem. But for decades I used to sleep like a baby, from 11 to 7. Those were my times. That's gone, forever, I think.

Insomnia is a load of bollocks. Exercise and train a lot and you will sleep like a log. On top of a full time job. The more miles I ride my bike, and the more hours I do in work, the better I sleep. Not a coincidence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.