Inter (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

I'm going to risk pelters here and say I thought it was a really good game. Classic shitty negative Italian defensive masterclass by inter. Superbly organised and got the point they came for. City were quality but just lacked that cutting edge that we produce from Feb onwards. Clocks haven't even changed yet - it's only the dippers and tarquins that win everything at this stage ;-)
No pelters from me, draw against the Italian champions in the first game of the new system, some people have a very short entitled memory

I'm going to risk pelters here and say I thought it was a really good game. Classic shitty negative Italian defensive masterclass by inter. Superbly organised and got the point they came for. City were quality but just lacked that cutting edge that we produce from Feb onwards. Clocks haven't even changed yet - it's only the dippers and tarquins that win everything at this stage ;-)
At last.
Some fucking sense.
CTID

I shouted at the radio again tonight. It’s a bad habit. Some fucking moron of a blue blaming Rodri for what he was describing as a shocking performance.

We were fine, not at our best but we really should have finished off a very solid team. Rodri looked rested and classy apart from one error. KDB was way off it. Foden too. He back 4 were solid. Guardiol looks better every game now. Savio and grealish didn’t really have any end product for the second game ina row. Encouraging cameo from Doku on the right.

We got better and better and found our rhythm late in the game.

We are extremely shit at corners.

We have 11 men on the pitch with the ability and accuracy to ping a ball at a pigeon flying over the ground in gale-force wind but we can’t take a corner. Baffles me every week.
Every fan in the world thinks their team is shit at corners. The truth is that corners aren’t actually that dangerous at the top level.

I watched the game pal and thank you for not responding to my post with just one word!

I wrote at the end of the first half I see him the main problem in this kind of the games, not implicitly him but Pep playing him that way. We just struggle finding him when he is anchored in the box barely moving and not involved in the game.
You have to consider their tactics as well though.

The top teams, Inter, arsenal, RM etc have defenders who's sole intention is to stop him.
He is getting better against them though and tonight was a good test, so we'll see how he does on Sunday.
But after Kev and Savinho went off tonight, he was feeding on scraps.
But he was still working their defenders and keeping them busy which allowed others to exploit the gaps and Gundo should've scored right at the end because of that.

Next fixture is against the team ranked 154th in the world who’ve just been hammered 5-1 by Celtic.

A point tonight and a point in Paris and the rest of the games should be run-of-the-mill wins really.
Juventus away and even possibly Lisbon away won’t be run of the mill

We’ll win our other 3 home games. We’ll smash Bratislava. So that’s 13 points

15 points should easily see us in the top 8 so should be no problem

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.