Inter Milan Vs Manchester City Match Thread

I dont think you can say its just friendly, you have to take the performance into account. The teams look disjointed and seem to lack any fluency, they also seem to struggle to keep the ball. You cant expect first game in the PL suddenly everything to click, City will experience alot of defensive teams this season and for me it looks like they dont have enough creativity to break teams down

BlakeTheBlue said:
Meaningless game spoiled early on by a shit ref making a shit decision.....

However.... We do look disjointed and lacking a bit of cohesion. It doesn't help getting players back in drips and drabs.

Spot on.

It's only pre season. 2 of the goals were pretty lucky. Own goal and a wonder goal.

Perspective guys please.

Bring on the proper games....... ones that count with our first team.

Materazzi wanker Eto'o wanker ref wanker KOMPANY LEGEND Kompany got treated really bad and wasn't liked. The ref was a fooking joke red card not even a yellow Vieira jumped way before Materazzi just jumped into him didnt even touch his face but went down holding it PRICK WITH A SHIT DOO. Anyway its pre season results don't matter as long as we get fit so up the blues :)

nashark said:
As a joke, a bit of criticism - in jest - was levelled toward Adebayor from this sagacious poster.

However, after witnessing tonight's (and many previous nights) performance, the criticism does seem to be levelled, and the real joke is the man himself; Adebayor.

I can only think that it may be a psychological problem - irrespective of the shootings - as he has been frustratingly inconsistent for a long time now.

How can a player go from the everest of a display against Arsenal to the murky depths of more recent outings?

I blame Thatcher.

But seriously, the guy needs a kick up the arse.

Oh totally agree, after all those chances that were made for him tonight he should have bagged at least 4 and we wold have won 4-3

The Blue said:
Sleeping_Easy said:
WHO CARES!!
Well the club will. This tour was to raise our profile abroad to help build the city brand. The yanks who have gone to check us out will be disapointed with our performances and will go away with the feeling that we are shit.

Jesus Christ, drama queen much? It's a friendly. Get over it.

bluejase said:
Guy_Fawkes2010 said:
I agree with that. The passing and movement in the first 30 was good, and was nice to watch.

But after that we lost our way.

yes nout to do with the sending off...

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't but the facts speak for themselves.

he passing and movement in the first 30 was good, and was nice to watch.

How many times has a game changed through a sending off ?

How many times has that benefited the team with 10 men ?

We looked clueless, and after 47 years of watching I know what clueless looks like

at the end of the day a bad tour, we'll get slated in the press, so fking what, its all about the spurs game (who got beat 4-1 by valencia). The ref spoilt tonights game, although i dont think we would have got much better against inter who looked strong, hence why their european champions.

The tour was about building the brand and taking the team to get prepared for the season. Lets look at the brand.....not won a game and not set the USA on fire, ok not the best advert, but on the flip they've built strong ties, the roof top pitch in spanish harlem a prime example that city have made their mark more so than beating a team in a freindly!!

On the squad/team wise....mancini took alot of youngsters on this trip for the sole reason that you can have as many u21's next year and those players that went will be called upon if needed, when will they get tested properly if he doesn't take them on this trip, if that means us getting beat, so what, its all experience!!! As an earlier poster said if he wanted to win every game he would have recalled carlos and told silva to get to usa as quick as possible.

In short, the trip has spread the word that is city, better of the pitch than on, we've now given vital experience to some young lads coming through and we've still got some world class players to come back ready for the spurs game!!!

People keep saying this tour was just for marketing,etc. Expand the city brand the yanks will now think we`re losers and shit at football !

FFS.
At the end the players shown more effort in swapping shirts than winning the game!

Some of these posts are bordering on the genuinely deranged. Has to be wumming rags. HAS TO BE!<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:16 am --<br /><br />
Guy_Fawkes2010 said:
bluejase said:
yes nout to do with the sending off...

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't but the facts speak for themselves.

he passing and movement in the first 30 was good, and was nice to watch.

How many times has a game changed through a sending off ?

How many times has that benefited the team with 10 men ?

We looked clueless, and after 47 years of watching I know what clueless looks like

Oh I don't doubt that you are more than familiar with cluelessness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.