Inter Milan Vs Manchester City Match Thread

Pam said:
Some of these posts are bordering on the genuinely deranged. Has to be wumming rags. HAS TO BE!

Come on Pambo, were all desperate to hear your take on the game. Give us your critic of what went on tonight....

Fanny Fart said:
Pam said:
Some of these posts are bordering on the genuinely deranged. Has to be wumming rags. HAS TO BE!

Come on Pambo, were all desperate to hear your take on the game. Give us your critic of what went on tonight....

Nothing of any consequence went on tonight.

Uwe Roslers Grandad said:
at the end of the day a bad tour, we'll get slated in the press, so fking what, its all about the spurs game (who got beat 4-1 by valencia). The ref spoilt tonights game, although i dont think we would have got much better against inter who looked strong, hence why their european champions.

The tour was about building the brand and taking the team to get prepared for the season. Lets look at the brand.....not won a game and not set the USA on fire, ok not the best advert, but on the flip they've built strong ties, the roof top pitch in spanish harlem a prime example that city have made their mark more so than beating a team in a freindly!!

On the squad/team wise....mancini took alot of youngsters on this trip for the sole reason that you can have as many u21's next year and those players that went will be called upon if needed, when will they get tested properly if he doesn't take them on this trip, if that means us getting beat, so what, its all experience!!! As an earlier poster said if he wanted to win every game he would have recalled carlos and told silva to get to usa as quick as possible.

In short, the trip has spread the word that is city, better of the pitch than on, we've now given vital experience to some young lads coming through and we've still got some world class players to come back ready for the spurs game!!!

tbf, the states probably isnt the best place for City to improve their brand, American blues aside, no one would really give a fuck that Manchester City came to play in America. They would have been better served playing in a country that is football mad (last years tour in SA this year might have been a good call after them having the WC).

Bit of a damp squib really the whole tour, originally I was gutted that I couldnt make it to Atlanta, but on reflection I'd rather save my pennies and come home for a proper competitive game or three sometime next season or the season after.

salfordblue-tony2 said:
People keep saying this tour was just for marketing,etc. Expand the city brand the yanks will now think we`re losers and shit at football !

If they do they do.

Big fucking deal. If they're not going to support us because we lose a friendly against the European champions with 10 men for most of the game then good luck to them in whichever club they do support.

Tricky_Trev said:
City Raider said:
don't wanna be too harsh on us 10 men, pre-season and all that, but so much of being a good side is about shape and we have been all over the place all tour - this is basic stuff, pre-season, fitness nowt to do with it
I must admit, i've been thinking the same. All you ever hear about Mancini's training sessions is that he's working with them on team shape. They've been doing that none stop since he arrived. Yet we look so disorganised it's unbelievable. You can understand and forgive poor performances and defeats in pre-season, it's normal. But there should at least be some semblance of team shape. There isn't, and hasn't been in any of the games so far. It's worrying. But of course, unless you say everything looks rosy, you are frowned upon on here.

it's been disappointing today in that respect, I agree. I sincerely hope we try to get hold of the ball a bit more from now on. but I wouldn't say it was terminal, not by a long way.

the thing about 'shape' is that all it needs to start the domino effect is two or three to not do their jobs. two of the main culprits, bridge and jo, won't be in the first eleven, no chance. zab and barry were more worrying because they could well be. ade, argh. not good. swp as well, I just don't understand the decisions he makes.

and the passing wasn't nearly good enough. milner, silva and tevez should do much, much better, but without them I do worry a bit. AJ is great, but just tries to do too much. I don't think the free role suits him, he gets isolated too often.

if we had eleven Yaya's we'd be fine.

Pam said:

PAM I doubt many RAGS would have sat through that game and this debate grated what the current time is (3:19) unless they're derangened..............................................................................OH SHIT therefore we must al be deranged

The ones watching it on tv were the lucky ones. Watching it live was terrible. We have alot of work to do to even be top 6. Try telling the inter Milan players it was just a friendly. They played us off the park in their FIRST friendly. I can't tell you how shit these players were live. Adebayors body language was disgraceful. The small band of arsenal fans were laughing at him and it was hard to witness.

citymad said:
The ones watching it on tv were the lucky ones. Watching it live was terrible. We have alot of work to do to even be top 6. Try telling the inter Milan players it was just a friendly. They played us off the park in their FIRST friendly. I can't tell you how shit these players were live. Adebayors body language was disgraceful. The small band of arsenal fans were laughing at him and it was hard to witness.

OUCH !!

moomba said:
The Blue said:
Well the club will. This tour was to raise our profile abroad to help build the city brand. The yanks who have gone to check us out will be disapointed with our performances and will go away with the feeling that we are shit.

What better way to introduce new fans to the club the way the last generation of fans have been introduced to the club.

If a loss in a practice match is going to turn new supporters away from the club, then they're not really worth bothering about anyway.

HAHAHA
+1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.