International games 11 - 17 Oct 2023

Would you miss international football if it was scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've not voted cos it's a yes and no for me.
I wouldn't miss the international games during the season.
But I love the World cup and European championships during the summer.
That's a fan speaking , if I was a good player I would love playing against the likes of Argentina, Brazil, Germany and France.

Southgate saying the booing of Henderson 'defies logic.' Why does it? Most football fans that I know all say having him in the team is a negative, and surely even his fan club can see that he doesn't offer the team anything except backwards and sidewards passing - oh, and pointing a lot.
The fans know he doesn't merit a place in international football and they voice their opinions accordingly. Which is their entitlement. And on top of that his rank hypocrisy is still fresh in everybody's minds and many, many people find it offensive (personally, I couldn't give a fuck one way or another, but people are allowed an opinion).

So why Southgate thinks people booing him is illogical doesn't make a lot of sense, to me, anyway.

I've not voted cos it's a yes and no for me.
I wouldn't miss the international games during the season.
But I love the World cup and European championships during the summer.
That's a fan speaking , if I was a good player I would love playing against the likes of Argentina, Brazil, Germany and France.
I agree. The tournaments are great - I love having a steady run of games and discovering new players. But all these interruptions mid season just feel like you’re holding your breath about injuries.

As an American, the tournaments are also one of the few times people here are willing to talk about football. And the World Cup is what hooked me. In 2014, I was always up at night in false labor with my son and I would watch the replays of the games because it was the only thing on. I never stopped watching. Now, that son loves watching with me - still looks through his Panini sticker book every few days and is eagerly awaiting his Euro book. He always ends up with the jerseys of a few players he becomes obsessed with - he and his friends have Croatian jerseys after last year which are obviously a little random in suburban America. Because we have far less football compared to those of you overseas, these tournaments seem really special. I do think from a club perspective the international games bring people (and money) into the sport and thus the club.

Euro and World cup finals are brilliant.

This. Imagine scrapping this. Awful.

International friendlies and qualifiers can be boring and it’s frustrating it disrupts the Prem which we all love - for some reason everyone takes their anger out on Southgate as though as if any other England manager would satisfy them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.