International games 11 - 17 Oct 2023

Would you miss international football if it was scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's not to hard

seasons run mid August to mid May no internationals with a winter break, Mid may players get off 3 weeks then in june to mid July international qualifiers in odd years and tournaments in even years, players get anothe 2 weeks off after and return to clubs.

only issue is pre season would be shorter to 2 weeks and so money spinning marketing overseas tours would have to be bined off for more local european friendlies for clubs.

Yeah to be fair it's the domes I've heard about, sounds quite nice especially at this time of year. Disappointed to hear the scran doesn't live up to the setting though!

Don't get me wrong it was nice but nothing particularly memorable. The domes are good though, each has its own different decoration inside.

Thats petty. Both he and Messi are probably the two best players you will have ever seen in your lifetime and the same will bear true for your children as well.

Enjoy these players while they are here because they won’t last forever.
I genuinely don't agree with that comment. They have had a ridiculous amount of hype around anything they've ever done and most of their time spent in a league that protected them. They are the equivalent of the CL. All about hype. Very, very good players but hyped beyond the pale due to TV coverage and the explosion of social media and football games on PlayStation and Xbox.

Which blues played please ?, Waistcoat has lost the plot leaving raz out , what the fuck is he thinking when raz has had a good start to the season

Have added a poll, just for the craic (as they say over here). I'll close it at full time on tuesday evening. Hopefully the OP doesn't mind.
I think it’s a nuanced situation. I hate international breaks during the season. The spectacle of watching qualifiers just gets increasingly worse with each passing tournament. It's comically easy for all of the big nations to qualify and as someone who always watched the qualifiers whilst growing up, I don't reckon I've watched many at all in the last 20 years.

That said, the World Cup is great. It's an iconic tournament that inspired most of us in our youth. On balance I reckon I'd keep the World Cup and nothing else, with fewer international windows but thus more time to conclude a qualifying campaign. This current charade of stopping the club season every four weeks is infuriating.

Which blues played please ?, Waistcoat has lost the plot leaving raz out , what the fuck is he thinking when raz has had a good start to the season

The game was that bad I hardly remember. Stones and Grealish I think. Foden and Phillips came on later. I agree Sterling should be there on current form.

I think it’s a nuanced situation. I hate international breaks during the season. The spectacle of watching qualifiers just gets increasingly worse with each passing tournament. It's comically easy for all of the big nations to qualify and as someone who always watched the qualifiers whilst growing up, I don't reckon I've watched many at all in the last 20 years.

That said, the World Cup is great. It's an iconic tournament that inspired most of us in our youth. On balance I reckon I'd keep the World Cup and nothing else, with fewer international windows but thus more time to conclude a qualifying campaign. This current charade of stopping the club season every four weeks is infuriating.
2 "yes" votes. And neither of them the one you'd expect!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.