International games 11 - 17 Oct 2023

Would you miss international football if it was scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Southgate saying the booing of Henderson 'defies logic.' Why does it?

1, because booing one of your own players for the team your supporting is moronic no matter what.
2. Because he’s picked for his influence and support to younger players, most clubs have certain players that aren’t that great but bring leadership skills and qualities. Sure, some won’t get that and just say ‘he’s shit’ but end of day the manager should decide and pick who he wants. Not fans on forums.

So when England reach yet another QF/SF or Final under Southgate you don’t know anyone interested?
At this rate of attrition they will be lucky to get out of a group especially if the draw isn’t so kind He is making them worse as each game goes on

Maybe the fans are not impressed with Henderson’s hypocrisy? Of course that would impress Southgate the king of it

Just read a few comments on here after getting back from London yesterday and appreciate we are all entitled to our own view.Ive watched England for around 45yrs now and been to 4 tournaments plus around at least 80 games at wembley.Just like watching City in the old third division and before struggling season after season against some shit teams enjoying the day meeting people and travelling has made my trips to London, Europe,Russia and South America all worth while.I wish people would stop asking me if I can get them a ticket though when we get to the latter stages of the tournament after telling me they don't care. Some being the same people who fill the pubs and drive round with the flags in there cars and vans allegedly saying they couldn't care less.Football is my life and I will be down for the Italy game and back home for Brighton at the weekend.Every footballer is proud to represent his country and I wished I could have done it but I will agree there is far too much now and Internationals on top of domestic and european football is at breaking point along with my wallet.

So when England reach yet another QF/SF or Final under Southgate you don’t know anyone interested?
People watch tournament football because when it's played it's close season so no other football is available to watch. If England get to the later stages of a tournament then every man jack and his dog is an England fan. When we played Gillingham in the play off final they sold 45,000+ tickets in spite of their average gate being about 8-10,000. I doubt most of those at Wembley that day have watched them play since. It's what happens with England if they look like having some success.

People watch tournament football because when it's played it's close season so no other football is available to watch. If England get to the later stages of a tournament then every man jack and his dog is an England fan. When we played Gillingham in the play off final they sold 45,000+ tickets in spite of their average gate being about 8-10,000. I doubt most of those at Wembley that day have watched them play since. It's what happens with England if they look like having some success.

Of subject but gillingham were allowing each person the chance to buy 10 tickets !. Its amazing how many non gillingham fans went to support gillingham that day lol

This. Imagine scrapping this. Awful.

International friendlies and qualifiers can be boring and it’s frustrating it disrupts the Prem which we all love - for some reason everyone takes their anger out on Southgate as though as if any other England manager would satisfy them.
The later stages of the Euros and World Cup are great but there are just too many qualifiers and the standard of football in those matches is dire. Friendly games are even worse. Constant international breaks are killing the momentum of domestic leagues and undermining the reputation of international football. Hopefully FIFA and UEFA will so something to restore a sensible balance because UEFA are protective of the CL and FIFA are about to launch their own club World Cup in USA 2025 which will compete for revenue with international football. The current situation is a mess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.