International games 11 - 17 Oct 2023

Would you miss international football if it was scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do they really?

I think it's more about boosting their profile, securing a good move, contract and endorsements.
I've no idea what they "think", but I do listen to what they "say", and like Walker today proud to play for my country (or similar), so of course it means something to the players, just because partizan fans don't give a shit doesn't mean players don't.

Ultimately in any question about whether international football still has merit, the question is not for us, it's for the players.

I've no idea what they "think", but I do listen to what they "say", and like Walker today proud to play for my country (or similar), so of course it means something to the players, just because partizan fans don't give a shit doesn't mean players don't.

Ultimately in any question about whether international football still has merit, the question is not for us, it's for the players.
It’s easy to see why people fall out of love with international football when there is so many stop/starts in the season, especially if the national team doesn‘t play to the expectations that some fans have.

Personally, I’ve always, and always will support the national team but some of the gash that they‘ve churn out lately doesn’t get me on the edge of my seat, or even turning the coverage on in some cases.

It’s easy to see why people fall out of love with international football when there is so many stop/starts in the season, especially if the national team doesn‘t play to the expectations that some fans have.

Personally, I’ve always, and always will support the national team but some of the gash that they‘ve churn out lately doesn’t get me on the edge of my seat, or even turning the coverage on in some cases.
That's fair comment, and I think that is where most of us fans are.

However I don't think it's where the players are, and it's them that matter most in the debate, the ones that can't be arsed, usually retire.

One thing that is important here is player fatigue, and sadly the international bodies don't seem to give a fuck, I hope the players latch onto this soon, some mention it, but they do almost nothing to protect themselves.

I love international football. Currently in lille for the second leg of a double header involving Scotland. From mosquito bites in Seville ( 34c ) to freezing in France Can't wait for germany next year.

It must be immensely proud to play at a World Cup but I suspect meaningless friendliest piss them off as much as us. They just can’t say it for fear of bollockings from Waistcoat and the FA

I’m walking around Stalybridge with a nail in my shoe tonight, I find that far more enjoyable than International football. I developed an aversion to International football when the England team had too many Rags, no way could I cheer on “Becks” “Wayne” or “Rio”, knocked me sick listening to fellow blues supporting those wankers.

It must be immensely proud to play at a World Cup but I suspect meaningless friendliest piss them off as much as us. They just can’t say it for fear of bollockings from Waistcoat and the FA
Possibly, but tonights game isn't a "friendly", it's a qualifier for the Euro's.

Friday night was pointless, no doubt about that, but it did give some a chance to show what they can (or in most cases couldn't) do.

I would miss the World cup and Euros and realistically you need qualifiers for them.

However footballers play far too much football and I get no enjoyment from friendlies or the qualifiers. personally I would restrict International teams to five internationals per player per year plus tournaments and in tournament years they are restricted to two games per player outside tournaments.

MInutes silence for the 2 swedes killed in Belgium. What does that have to do with a football game between England and Italy in London? There's minutes silences every game now for something or other.

Dippers will sue the FA and UEFA soon for infringing on their grief ownership rights

Gareth Southgate is wasting the best squad of players England have had for many years , he is happy playing negatively with two holding midfielders when we have an abundance of attacking talent , he plays donkeys like Henderson in preference to players like Foden & Madison , he is a prize clown
The only reason he is still in the job is because he is a safe appointment who will not rock the boat and the perfect yes man for the F.A. , if an elite manager was in charge of this squad he would let our very talented players perform like they do for their clubs and we would have had a Euro's and World Cup under our belts
Hopefully the "Waistcoat" will depart soon and find a club in the Championship to manage which is about his level because he will play for a 0-0 against Italy and pack the midfield and stifle any positive football whilst playing footballers like Phillips and McGuire who cannot get a game at club level and Henderson who is playing in a farmers league in Saudi Arabia , imagine Pep in charge of this squad they would be world beaters , maybe after a couple of more Champs leagues we will let him go and show the F.A. what they have been missing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.